(Rant) Shoud i move to somalia yes or no?

Move to somalia yes or no

• Total voters
I've always wanted to go back home, but I thought it would be in the future. Now that the future has arrived, I'm graduating next year with a bachelor's degree in history and planning to marry next year. I wanted to move once I married to a man who shared my goals, but the bomb in Moqdisho that happened recently was like a cold ice and made me realize Moqdisho/somalia is unlikely to be stable in the next 2-5 years. Now I'm facing the dilemma if I should stay in the west or move

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If u want a beach just go to Spain or Florida and get over it! Your degree is in History? What history did u focus on?

I've always wanted to go back home, but I thought it would be in the future. Now that the future has arrived, I'm graduating next year with a bachelor's degree in history and planning to marry next year. I wanted to move once I married to a man who shared my goals, but the bomb in Moqdisho that happened recently was like a cold ice and made me realize Moqdisho/somalia is unlikely to be stable in the next 2-5 years. Now I'm facing the dilemma if I should stay in the west or move
Mogadishu isn't the only city in somalia but I digress.
I would say yes go for it but if you fear for your safety then wait it out I guess until you feel its safe. I'm just gonna go regardless when I'm ready to leave and settle back home no matter the state.
Hopefully soon inshallah ๐Ÿ™

Good luck Amiira :oops:
This is my dream: to establish a tiny garden library and pass on my love of reading to the next generation, if only the government could get its act together.

Attachments

• 31075e1569643ff3c5c773ce8891a7be.jpg
    31075e1569643ff3c5c773ce8891a7be.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 46b0540f9bf42eec217232749d178a72.jpg
    46b0540f9bf42eec217232749d178a72.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 83
Mogadishu isn't the only city in somalia but I digress.
I would say yes go for it but if you fear for your safety then wait it out I guess until you feel its safe. I'm just gonna go regardless when I'm ready to leave and settle back home no matter the state.
Hopefully soon inshallah ๐Ÿ™
I know Moqdisho isn't the only city, but it's the only city with people from different tribes and where I have family. My father told me that buying land without family or tribal protection isn't a good idea, so I'll probably wait it out and take my plan for a small library to Garissa.

I don't blame you, i wouldn't move to Mogadishu either. Recent reports include beach side hotel bombings and restaurant bombings by Alshabaab.

Honestly it's not going to get any better any time soon the FGS Govt in Mog are basically foreign political actors/stooges that have no interest in starting negotiation with Alshabaab, even though many local Somali elders, business leaders, and Muslim-majority countries have intiated dialogue with Alshabaab and have identified some common ground with them where they could work out a peace agreement.

Dialogue requires non-opposition from FGS and it's the only way for the situation to improve.

My advice is to pick a safer city further north or Garissa Kenya like you said, and then relocate back to Mogadishu at a later date if it ever improves.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Stupid to move to Somalia when you live in the west and you are young everyone that has a degree in Somalia is trying to leave and you are trying to move there

No, the way Somalia is at this moment I would say it's not worth it. There are many concerns like safety, bad infrastructure, and just uncertainty of what could happen. But in the future, if things get better then I would say yes you should!

Everyone who says no is part of the brain drain out of the country. The country won't just magically get better. We need to go back and actually help improve it.
Not everyone has those ambitions and conviction tho :francis:

Yes, here's why, there are tons of diaspora that live there without ever seeing a gun.

The other thing is you can get a lot of connections in Mogadishu, you meet so many people with similar interests. Who knows you might be the one writing the new books on Somali history.

Yaraye

VIP
Once things stabilize in the next 5-7 years, then go live there full time. I would say first start your career and marriage in the west. Learn to navigate the job and the marriage. During the 5 years, go on vacations with your spouse to somalia to scout the opportunities there, and plan out on how to start your life there.

Yaraye

VIP
I also want to go live in somalia. I want to live part of the year in somalia and part of the year back in the US. 50/50

Trending