Religion of Somalis before islam

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
Yes a somali who is not muslim is not a somali,

He did a good job explaining it, I was really expecting something worse but good job to him he explained how the previous religion of somalis was hypothesized aswell as it being monotheistic. Especially since its been a millennia or so

Names of places are a big clue: Cabudwaaq. Meaning to worship Waaq. We worshiped Waaq but we were still polytheistic which is probably why it was so easy for us to become Muslim very early.

Somalis came after Islam.
Is there any direct evidence that our ethnic group's formation as "Somalis" (no matter how vague and socially constructed ethnogenisis is) was due to Islam?

Or is this something you guys do to rationalise excommunication irreligious Somalis? Asking in complete good faith

Some comments claim weave been colonized by Arabs and that we have an identity crisis.
As to be expected in any social media post that mentions Somalis, usually almost always by the same group.

Whilst the greatest factor for this is our unfathomably large online troll community, it's not lost on me how many utilise those incels as a justification to say what they've always felt about us, whilst pretending it's just a current reaction.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
He did a same type of video years back and got a lot of backlash. Many somalis especially those back home are clueless, they think we were always muslim.

Anyways, the reason he did this video is to get engagement. Us somalis will see this video, even I did but scrolled past this. Tiktok is our new cadow.

He did a same type of video years back and got a lot of backlash. Many somalis especially those back home are clueless, they think we were always muslim.

Anyways, the reason he did this video is to get engagement. Us somalis will see this video, even I did but scrolled past this. Tiktok is our new cadow.
They’re uneducated. If the Arabs those that have lived in the home of Islam were polytheistic and we know they converted when the Prophet s.a.w spread the message of Islam to them. What makes Somalis think they were Muslim before even Quraish 😂.

It really doesn’t matter where 99 percent Muslim’s now Alx
It’s fascinating. We hardly know anything but the Somalis before Islam or even during the early periods when they were embracing it. We have no idea of their culture then, or traditions. We have small snippets via our recent ancestors who practiced certain things that we obviously know is haram now but is throwback to our ancient customs.

Usually I'd agree but this specific tiktok user speaks on a wide range of demographics. His comment sections show me that the tribalism and cluelessness of Somalis isn't that unique, plenty of groups (including other black ones that act morally superior to us these days online) have similar cult like stupidity and pride denying obvious realities about their people

It’s fascinating. We hardly know anything but the Somalis before Islam or even during the early periods when they were embracing it. We have no idea of their culture then, or traditions. We have small snippets via our recent ancestors who practiced certain things that we obviously know is haram now but is throwback to our ancient customs.
Yeah we don’t know much about what was going on before Islam i don’t know why either I think a lot of that has to do with our early history not being very well documented

Is there any direct evidence that our ethnic group's formation as "Somalis" (no matter how vague and socially constructed ethnogenisis is) was due to Islam?

Or is this something you guys do to rationalise excommunication irreligious Somalis? Asking in complete good faith
No its because some day the word somali is derived from the patriarch Samaale and samaale was a muslim man.

Trending

Latest posts