Rocking macwiis in Japan 🀣

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful. What a moron. Dressing like this to defame Somali culture. Somali men needs stop dressing this β€œmacwiss” garbage. The crazy part is it isn’t even originally part of our culture. It was originally been imported by Yemenis and south Asian communities.
Macawiis is the only good thing ajnabis bought to us. Macawiis is somali culture.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Macawiis isn't somali culture and it can't be somali culture because it wasnt invented by somali person or people it was invented by foreign and it is foreign culture
Nobody knows the macawiis origins also it has been around long enough to be assimilated into somali culture just like it has in yemeni, Indian and malay/indo culture

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful. What a moron. Dressing like this to defame Somali culture. Somali men needs stop dressing this β€œmacwiss” garbage. The crazy part is it isn’t even originally part of our culture. It was originally been imported by Yemenis and south Asian communities.
Langaab this is Somali, but it's pyjamas. Shouldn't be worn like this

Khaemwaset

VIP
Here is the true Somali clothing I like

View attachment 342584
What the f*ck is this bedouin shit bro
RDT_20240805_2344351285023606316630890.jpg
RDT_20240805_23443716898978000814878.jpg
RDT_20240805_2344394933811510293124114.jpg

Khaemwaset

VIP
They prefer to wear Arab thobes to their weddings instead of the above, or even having the imagination of remixing it. Walahi, I hate to say it, but I sense ignorance and also some insecurity in our diaspora menfolk.

As you can all see, there is desperate need for prideful, dignified Somali men on social media, to reverse the incessant clown trend. If Somali women can make so many variations of traditional Somali ladies wear, what's stopping the guys?
Why would I wear bedsheets to weddings clownass. I'd take a thobe any day over the above.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Why are some Somali men incapable of styling traditional clothing to look elegant and sophisticated. I've seen a few guys on TikTok, that do a great job with some macawiis styles, and headwraps etc. But too many walk around with macawiis and t-shirts/undershirt. This is pure laziness and lack of dignity. Stop it.

This brother for example, is wearing a macawiis, and a hangool (traditional stick).

Unlike Pajama wearing attention seekers.

View attachment 342581
That literally looks like a thobe but worse.

I'm not walking around with a stick I picked up the ground

Nobody knows the macawiis origins also it has been around long enough to be assimilated into somali culture just like it has in yemeni, Indian and malay/indo culture
Assimilation isn't real but fake and that is not how culture works in order something to be somali culture it has to be invented by somali people you can't just take culture from foreign and call it somali