Salafi muslim claims women can’t add perfume in public

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Well it isn’t a salafi claiming this. It’s literally the command of the prophet (unless you want to say the prophet is a salafi which I would dispute). Muslims don’t believe in the moral autonomy of the human since we fully submit to the sovereignty of our creator which I understand is unfathomable for those with secular sensibilities.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
Well it isn’t a salafi claiming this. It’s literally the command of the prophet (unless you want to say the prophet is a salafi which I would dispute). Muslims don’t believe in the moral autonomy of the human since we fully submit to the sovereignty of our creator which I understand is unfathomable for those with secular sensibilities.

Men can add perfume in public but a women can’t.

Women can’t due to the probability of attracting the opposite sex.
Women are prohibited in doing this because she’ll be deemed as a “fornicator”.

It seems there’s a double standard:
Men can appear attractive in public by smelling good but women can’t. What if that man is attracting the opposite sex by adding perfume. Isn’t this a bit of contradictory?

Gacmeey

A man can add perfume in public but a women can’t.

Women can’t due to the probability of attracting the opposite sex.
Women are prohibited in doing this because she’ll be deemed as a “fornicator”.

It seems there’s a double standard:
Men can appear attractive in public by smelling good but women can’t. What if that man is attracting the opposite sex by adding perfume. Isn’t this a bit of contradictory?
What is contradictory? God made different laws for different categories of people.

Khanderson

VIP
Why is it contradictory? They are not the same. Explain what is contradictory about having two different sets of law for two different things.

Men can attract the opposite sex by adding perfume in public. But Women aren’t because she’ll be deemed as a fornicator. Isn’t this contradicting? If women can’t do it because the probability of attracting the opposite sex so couldn’t a man because he might attract the opposite too.

Men can attract the opposite sex by adding perfume in public. But Women aren’t because she’ll be deemed as a fornicator. Isn’t this contradicting? If women can’t do it because the probability of attracting the opposite sex so couldn’t a man because he might attract the opposite too.

Why does a woman have to wear a hijab and a man doesn't?

Stop being disingenuous. A woman and man don't attract the opposite sex in the same way or level. A woman wearing revealing clothes and perfume isn't the same as a man in a suit with perfume...because even you know deep down which of them will attract more people.

Our religion is not contradictory because it tries to close all the doors to zina in a consistent practical manner.

Gacmeey

Yes, it is possible men will attract women when they wear perfume, it is also possible that women will become attracted to the face of a man yet there is no obligation of niqab set upon men.

The Quran clearly emphasized the lowering the gaze for the male and hiding the adornments for women and guarding their chastity for both. This is done because it accounts for the predisposition of the sexes - men pursue women and rarely the other way around - so the two genders are given laws that restrict their ability to commit haram that would arise if they were given unfettered access to follow their predisposition.

You might say that sometimes women pursue men, and yes that is true, but Islamic law is based on probabilities. For example, gambling is acknowledged by Allah for having benefits, but it is outlawed because the probability of it being harmful is greater. Similarly, there might be something that is halal even though it is (for example) only 70% good i.e riq

Khanderson

VIP
Why does a woman have to wear a hijab and a man doesn't?

Stop being disingenuous. A woman and man don't attract the opposite sex in the same way or level. A woman wearing revealing clothes and perfume isn't the same as a man in a suit with perfume...because even you know deep down which of them will attract more people.

Our religion is not contradictory because it tries to close all the doors to zina in a consistent practical manner.

In the 21st century: where women are allowed to be employed the same as men and work in the same building as men. A man with perfume is more likely to attract the opposite sex. This isn’t the same back then where women were expected to work Indoors or nuclear families days.

So this challenge is different.

Khanderson

VIP
Yes, it is possible men will attract women when they wear perfume, it is also possible that women will become attracted to the face of a man yet there is no obligation of niqab set upon men.

The Quran clearly emphasized the lowering the gaze for the male and hiding the adornments for women and guarding their chastity for both. This is done because it accounts for the predisposition of the sexes - men pursue women and rarely the other way around - so the two genders are given laws that restrict their ability to commit haram that would arise if they were given unfettered access to follow their predisposition.

You might say that sometimes women pursue men, and yes that is true, but Islamic law is based on probabilities. For example, gambling is acknowledged by Allah for having benefits, but it is outlawed because the probability of it being harmful is greater. Similarly, there might be something that is halal even though it is (for example) only 70% good i.e riq

I guess both men and women have different ways of being attracted to one another if that’s what you’re saying.

Interesting post nonetheless.

Gacmeey

I guess both men and women have different ways of being attracted to one another if that’s what you’re saying.

Interesting post nonetheless
Not different ways of attracting but different ways of acting on that attraction. Men are much more predisposed to pursuing a beautiful woman that they see compared to women who are much more likely to wait for the man to pursue. Hence, men are told to lower their gaze so and women are told to hide their beauty.

IMG_6198.jpeg

Gacmeey

What’s wrong with attracting the opposite sex,I mean it’s only natural.these people are ridiculous
Nothing wrong with attracting the opposite sex provided that it is within the boundaries God has set. This is his body and we must take care of it

Abu Musa (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “If a woman puts on perfume and passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance, then she is such and such,” and he spoke sternly - meaning an adulteress. (Narrated by Abu Dawud (4173) and al-Tirmidhi (2786); classed as sahih by Ibn Daqiq al-’Eid in al-Iqtirah (126) and by Shaykh al-Albani in Sahih al-Tirmidhi)

Al-Manawi said in Fayd al-Qadir (1/355):

“She is an adulteress means: because of that she is exposed to zina, and implementing the means that lead to it and calling those who seek it. Hence she is called an adulteress in a metaphorical sense, because desire may prevail and real zina may take place. Her passing by men is likened to her sitting in their path so that they pass by her.”

Woman wearing perfume thinking that she will pass by a group in which there will be men
If she puts on perfume and goes out, and thinks it most likely that she will pass by a group in which there will be men who will smell her perfume and fragrance, this is also haram, even if she does not intend to tempt men and that is not her aim, because this action is a fitnah (temptation) in and of itself. There is also an indication in Shari`ah that it is haram and not allowed.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful” [Al-Nur 24:31]

Trending

Latest posts