Secular Somali or Salafi Somali: Which do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
People nowadays look so miserable and poor, and I blame the post-civil war phenomenon of the jilbaab for making women in particular look horrid.

Jeesto

VIP
It's the persons choice to wear what they want but the important thing is to teach people to be open minded about others choices and lifestyle, in that way we can move forward and i believe we can only do it with the secular values. Religion has no place in government.

Last edited:
Why do atheist/secular Somalis focus so much on what pious women wear? Generally I dont see westerners insulting their Nuns who wear similar clothing. There are bigger things that need attention than what women wear. The self-hate in many atheist/secular somalis is real.
:francis:

Islamic similar to malaysia or brunei. secularism ruins muslims. look at muslims that come from countries under communist or secular rule you will almost never see one that practices islam

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Yeah Somali atheists and secularists are kind of running into a wall at this point. Assuming ideological changes need to happen swiftly but absurdly focusing on more on social conventions like sex and attire over resources and institutional breakdowns.

Ngl I can only hear so much about how big bad ol' Islam fucked your life up before I demand a practical and seamless approach to eliminating the problems that plague us. Because by and large it's the same ol' "waaah macaalin hit me because I fucked up muh cashar".

But I would obviously champion a secular society in the current climate where functioning Islamic states are few and far between and lag behind most of the developed world in human rights and scientific prowess.

Yeah Somali atheists and secularists are kind of running into a wall at this point. Assuming ideological changes need to happen swiftly but absurdly focusing on more on social conventions like sex and attire over resources and institutional breakdowns.

Ngl I can only hear so much about how big bad ol' Islam fucked your life up before I demand a practical and seamless approach to eliminating the problems that plague us. Because by and large it's the same ol' "waaah macaalin hit me because I fucked up muh cashar".

But I would obviously champion a secular society in the current climate where functioning Islamic states are few and far between and lag behind most of the developed world in human rights and scientific prowess.

:dead: :damn: :sheed:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I don't exactly agree with Salafis, but I prefer extreme conservatism > liberalism. Were it up to the atheists, prostitution would be higher than in Ethiopia.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

No offence dude but if Atheist calacal is your biggest beef with atheists ad secularists then how about you hop over to this side and see what our biggest beef with Muslims is. Shall we compare and contrast?

Instutuonal breakdowns is not possible when ideas are not freely allowed to be exchanged without threats. Even bad unpopular ideas.

No offence dude but if Atheist calacal is your biggest beef with atheists ad secularists then how about you hop over to this side and see what our biggest beef with Muslims is. Shall we compare and contrast?

Instutuonal breakdowns is not possible when ideas are not free to slowed to be exchanged without threats. Even bad unpopular ideas.

What's your qabil?

:mjpls:

Status
Not open for further replies.