Secular Somali or Salafi Somali: Which do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Where can I find the turn of the century version of that 70s girl leaning on the car doe :damedamn:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
People bring up female dress code because countries that do well have their women doing well. Women won't do well if they have no freedom of choice, not only in attire but also other things. Most of you Somalis don't believe in freedom of choice. You use it when things like jilbaab is criticised. You wouldn't want women in your respective Somali regions to wear what she wants. Most of you are frauds.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
People bring up female dress code because countries that do well have their women doing well. Women won't do well if they have no freedom of choice, not only in attire but also other things. Most of you Somalis don't believe in freedom of choice. You use it when things like jilbaab is criticised. You wouldn't want women in your respective Somali regions to wear what she wants. Most of you are frauds.

This...is also true. Essentially freedom of choice is an argument people use to espouse whatever position they are in. Free meaning detached from whatever they don't like.

I don't like it as an argument if you aren't already neutral.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
The ladies looked so beautiful with the way they dressed :meleshame:
At least pass the fashionista knowledge down, all of these kids are turning into fashion terrorists.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
A conservative woman that has education and preferably a job.It's up to them to wear hijab or jilbaab as long as they are covering their body appropriately.
Pro-gay,slightly lesbian, extremely liberal free the nipple feminist women turn me off.:susp::susp::susp:

A conservative woman that has education and preferably a job.It's up to them to wear hijab or jilbaab as long as they are covering their body appropriately.
Pro-gay,slightly lesbian, extremely liberal free the nipple feminist women turn me off.:susp::susp::susp:

Why do you care how they cover their bodies? How is that any of your concern?

My argument, so far, is substantiated.

Somali Atheism is primitive. 99% of those who became Atheist didnt do so through intellectual rationalism, debate or analysis. Most probably never opened a book on Theology their entire lives.

Its the story of seeking fame, for women (through her vagina), for men (getting beaten up by their dugsi teacher) or getting their feelings hurt by an Arab or having an inherent feeling of inferiority to Arabs. Add a pinch of media bias, add an element of fear. A huge part of it, has to do with seeking an unrestricted lifestyle that cannot reconcile with the tenets of Islam. Add, the horrible feeling of being 'Somali' generally speaking, wishing to fit into other people's narratives like African Americans. We wuz slaves. Then again, most of them have no father figures and have grown up in extremely liberal societies.

A recipe for disaster.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I detest both One will end your life with a Big Bang & the other believe life was started by the Big Bang :williamswtf:

You can reason with a secular Somali. You can question the core beliefs of a secular Somali. After all, the beliefs of secular Somalis are not divinely ordained and thereby beyond questioning. But you can never reason with someone who thinks Mohammud literally rode a pre-historic spacecraft called Buraq to the "seventh heaven" to chitchat with Allah and that the voices he heard in a cave were not mere hallucinations but voice of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts