Secular Somali or Salafi Somali: Which do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
No offence dude but if Atheist calacal is your biggest beef with atheists ad secularists then how about you hop over to this side and see what our biggest beef with Muslims is. Shall we compare and contrast?

Instutuonal breakdowns is not possible when ideas are not free to slowed to be exchanged without threats. Even bad unpopular ideas.

It's not my biggest beef: it's their primary method of communication and it's tiresome. Usually a relatively young crowd with minimal understanding of the socioeconomic realities that plague most of the third world. To many of them it's a tragic 'just eliminate Islam and things gon' get better'. It infuriating seeing people minimize crucial components of life and turn grey areas into ideological battlefields they can score points on.

You can't pretend like the ex-muslim community doesn't comes off as a pedantic, whiny bunch.

And I already stated secularism is the way to go regardless of my own presumptions. Trust me I'm not deafening myself to the horrific nature of Islamic terrorism and theocratic conventions.

Last edited:
It's not my biggest beef: it's their primary method of communication and it's tiresome. Usually a relatively young crowd with minimal understanding of the socioeconomic realities that plague most of the third world. To many of them it's a tragic 'just eliminate Islam and things gon' get better'. It infuriating seeing people minimize crucial components of life and turn grey areas into ideological battlefields they can score points on.

You can't pretend like the ex-muslim community comes off as a pedantic, whiny bunch.

And I already stated secularism is the way to go regardless of my own presumptions. Trust me I'm not deafening myself to the horrific nature of Islamic terrorism and theocratic conventions.

What's your qabil?

:mjpls:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
tumblr_inline_nablhf3Jox1sl2sow.jpg

10a3fb5dbaedc4c09713bb1112c559ba.jpg

Look how nice they look compared to the miserable looking folks these days

:drakekidding:I like how everyone is arguing for freedom of choice when it comcerns the jilbab yet u wouldn't have it the other way around.

:drakekidding: Mashallah all them women chose to wear it out of their own free will, so pious so mashallah.

tumblr_inline_nablhf3Jox1sl2sow.jpg

10a3fb5dbaedc4c09713bb1112c559ba.jpg

Look how nice they look compared to the miserable looking folks these days
gucci3.png

The implementation of the jilbaab is the root cause for poverty and people looking so "miserable"? I wonder if it has something to do with the lack of government, a civil war which caused millions including you and myself to scatter around the globe like gypsis, killed 100ks of others. Perhaps a outside parties taking advantage of the insecurity of our borders/coasts, stealing from us, killing us, turning us against each other?
jbhmmm.png

So if we revert back to the secular regime we had before the civil war, poverty will disappear?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
No, that's not what I meant.

I just mean people generally look uglier and unhappier these days. I'm coming from a purely fashion perspective as strange as that sounds.

The multicolored jilbaab and mismatching business casual has got to go :icon lol:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

I just mean people generally look uglier and unhappier these days. I'm coming from a purely fashion perspective as strange as that sounds.

The multicolored jilbaab and mismatching business casual has got to go :icon lol:
I think people generally look beautiful and happier. I'm coming from a purely fashion perspective as strange as that sounds.

The multicolored jilbaab and mismatching business casual is the free choice of women :icon lol:

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Somalia can't be secular as much as I would like it to be. Somalis would be up in arms over it. These people focus on what women wear over their countries health, what makes you think they'll be ok with secularism. I prefer the UAE model when it comes to secularism for the time being.

As for jilbaab, when strife occurs its human nature to either turn to religion or turn away from it. Perfect examples are slavery, WWII (Holocaust, London bombings), etc. In Somalia's case the people turned to religion and Allah to protect themselves in their opinion from the anarchy around them. Some Somalis as this forum shows turned the other way to Atheism.

In Somalia, jilbaab is a norm rather than the rule. The rule is if your kid is above primary school they should probably wear it until they marry or reach their 20's. This is avoid their kids being the subject of targeting and rape.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I think people generally look beautiful and happier. I'm coming from a purely fashion perspective as strange as that sounds.

The multicolored jilbaab and mismatching business casual is the free choice of women :icon lol:

Most of you Somalis don't believe in freedom of choice though.

I don't like it either tbh. I like jilbabs that are all black or styled differently as in some other cultures but the somali one makes anyone look ashy and overweight and it makes them immobile.

but I don't like when people bring up jilbab when they have bigger issues than fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts