Serious Discussion About Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Some aspects of all cultures are bad. Dutch culture isn't all good and Malaysian culture isn't all bad. That's the thing with these "anti PC" crowd don't get. I can give you a whole list of things about American culture that's fucked up but that doesn't mean American culture is all bad.

It's pure black & white for some people. No room for nuance.

100% this.

I love Somali culture, but there are things that absolutely must go.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
If I were being honest I would argue it's a combination of both. You telling me if we give the sentinelese people 100 years and no outside interference and exploitation they would be able to build a rocket ships and escalators? Well youre wrong they people have been largely untouched for more t 10,000 years and the most complex thing they have invented is building a fire. :pachah1:

sentinelese.png

Could you make those bows?

:damn:

I can't

:damn:

How would you measure the superiority of a culture to another?

Exactly!

Maybe pretend is Petri dish. Decide the ingredients to grow your cultures in (let's choose manufacturing planes for example)
IMG_6507.jpg

Argue that culture A is superior to culture B and point to the plate that has more colony to support your argument. Turn a blind eye to the fact that culture B perhaps manufacture cars and maybe that's the ingredient they need to form more colony. If anyone dares question your logic, bring out your linear scale to compare their speed :umwhat:

Yes planes are faster than cars, but they are so different and used for different purposes. Would we even have a culture if we didn't appreciate our difference. Comparing cultures negates the purpose of culture and I feel like we are reduced to robots.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
All of this doesn't matter when you're dead and being tested in your grave. Where is your success then?

We have on average 70 years on this earth, and the afterlife will go on for infinite and never end. Those from superior cultures recognize this, and spend their short time here on trying to better their position in the akhirah.

Status
Not open for further replies.