Should Somali be classed in a different group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anaa diday
School adaa doonay

:ohhh:

ii gargaray
Habartay

all these time we aint know about our real brothers like that. mofos about to go extict
giphy.gif

only 34k left in the wild.

Anaa diday
School adaa doonay

ii gargaray
Habartay

Sxb, you haven't seen nothing yet. I didn't wanna say too much and be a spoiler for my own upcoming thread, but I can't resist. Sxb, I have the Rendille dictionary, and Wallaahi oo Billaahi 70-75% of the words are pure Somali. Some are even archaic Somali that 95% of Somalis have never heard before. If it wasn't for my mom I would have thought most of those words were non-Somali, but she was there to tell me it's actually Somali but she hasn't heard these words for decades and only remembers old Somali women using them in the miyi when she was a child. Can u believe that sxb?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
:mjswag: Xageen ka biloownaa? Submit ductape's list.:sass1:
First we do the usual suspects; Kenya, Ethiopia. We use biochemical weapons to clean out the population while maintaining the land for our semi-cushitic brethren, on the terms that we get the Somali parts of Kenya and Ethiopia. We then urge the Rendille to spread throughout the rest of Africa and take over, paving the way for us to establish our superiority later on :sass2:

Sxb, you haven't seen nothing yet. I didn't wanna say too much and be a spoiler for my own upcoming thread, but I can't resist. Sxb, I have the Rendille dictionary, and Wallaahi oo Billaahi 70-75% of the words are pure Somali. Some are even archaic Somali that 95% of Somalis have never heard before. If it wasn't for my mom I would have thought most of those words were non-Somali, but she was there to tell me it's actually Somali but she hasn't heard these words for decades and only remembers old Somali women using them in the miyi when she was a child. Can u believe that sxb?
i noticed that too. they use outdated works that you hear once in a blue moon. bro u r onto something big.

i was caught off guard by how many somali words they have. called god waaq and they use same numbering.
"dahee" "gaargaar" "ana diide" "doone" "ani" "dahaaya" "habartay" etc. (obviously my somali writing is trash but you get the gist)

I'm shook. its like a swahili somali arabic mix.

these afar women sound lie their speaking somali when its really gibberish. this is what somali sounds like to foreigners

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Truly amazing wallahi.

Again, really looking forward to that thread

Definitely looking forward to that thread.
:denzelnigga:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Holy shit, you might be on to something big here.
That thread will be very interesting.

Did rendille borrow this words from somali?
Or are these proto cushitic words?

Did rendille borrow this words from somali?
Or are these proto cushitic words?

Not proto-Cushitic, we're talking about a much lower and closer level of ethnic and linguistic relation here, so more like proto-Somali or 'Samaale' words. Proto-Cushitic would be the parent language of all the distantly related Cushitic languages, such as Beja, Afar, Oromo, Somali, Iraqw etc.

do you see a similarity? i feel their language has more arabic words but the way they pronounce words and speak is similar to us.
Yeah they sound similar, I don't know which sounds more similar to Somali to be out of Afar and Rendille though. All I could get out of what the lady was saying was ba'al which I assumed meant husband.

Not proto-Cushitic, we're talking about a much lower and closer level of ethnic and linguistic relation here, so more like proto-Somali or 'Samaale' words. Proto-Cushitic would be the parent language of all the distantly related Cushitic languages, such as Beja, Afar, Oromo, Somali, Iraqw etc.
Oh i see, how is it possible to know that then, do you compare with the others?
And how can it be told about which way somali<->rendille borrowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending