Should Somalia go back to military rule?

Military rule yes or no

• Total voters
I'd like to see someone who abolishes this shitshow of a qabilfest, stop all nationwide terrorism/degenerate crime and instead rule with true Sharia law to unite us as a muslim country. Unfortunately I can't see that happen without military rule.

Repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I understand the frustration of some Somalis but we really donโ€™t need to go back to another kacaan esque governance.

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
f*ck all clans and the shithole "states"
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ is cisse state so why hate on other clan creating mini Djibouti?
Flying Kiss Flirting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Som

VIP
First you need to have a military that transcends qabil and we aren't there yet. As far from what I've heard from parents and relatives during the early days of Siad Barre military was very powerful and united , people from different qabils served and the only qabil they cared about was their fellow soldiers.

Keep it a boqol

All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!
VIP
Consolidate power under a technocratic rule.

The issue with siad barre is he had the power but didnโ€™t know jack shit besides punishing ppl and keeping them in line

This viral tweet is suggesting going back to army dictatorship again.
Do you support this guy opinion or you against it?
Heโ€™s a grifter and no I donโ€™t support military rule. Military rule cannot be enacted by a weak and clan based military staffed by members of one clan

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Donโ€™t know answer but definetly dont think itโ€™s democracy. You canโ€™t have such big chunk of country jobless and backwards and expect them to vote in right people. Itโ€™s also waste of money and see saws country back and forth with the short terms

Khaem

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ is cisse state so why hate on other clan creating mini Djibouti?
Flying Kiss Flirting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I support Djibouti joining Somalia as a region. Not even a "federal state". When millitary rule is restored. It's obvious throughout Somali history that the only men who were able to run Somali states were coincidentally strongman militants thay enforced Xeer.

Khaem

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP
Repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I understand the frustration of some Somalis but we really donโ€™t need to go back to another kacaan esque governance.
What mistake was made? The democracy days was very civilised but it was still rife with corruption and bickering in Mogadishu. But I respect the men of those days for being able to settle things in a civilised manner. If we continued without the 1969 Kacaan, Somalia would be no different to Kenya in terms of its Political and Economic state. And Kenya isn't anything to strive for.

Under strict millitary rule however, there was an opportunity to forcefully transform Somalia into something completely different. That was I the process. But there was many reasons stopping this. For one, there can never truly be a Somali state with half of Somali land and people outside the borders. Siad Barre invaded in the perfect time when ethiopia was in a 30 year civil war with Eritrea seceding. But Soviets came in and ruined it. Throwing Somalia down the path it is on now.

Had Somalia unified all Somali lands. We would see a massive Somali state with all the resources and people it needs to industrialise. We would've been exporting textiles like we have always done, then with the money buisnessmen would get into manufacturing tech and the nation would boom economically. You can't have this type of development with clans and wannabe states with their own little presidents Tribal Chiefs

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I think we have far more pressing issues like education, conflict resolution and civic manners that will transform our nation and culture for the absolute best :)

Trending

Latest posts