So many Somali names aren´t Somali

Garaad diinle

 
He or she is not nationalist saying tht those are Muslim arabs names and not muslim somali names
And yes i think quran can be read or recite in English and somali or any others languages
You think??? Walaal islam is not about what you think or what i think, it's about what allah says and orders us to do. Learn about your deen or re-examine your iman because it appears to be weak. Quran can only be recited in arabic the language that Allah swt revealed it to us 1500 years ago.

Last edited:

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
He or she is not nationalist saying tht those are Muslim arabs names and not muslim somali names
And yes i think quran can be read or recite in English and somali or any others languages
If the Quran is in any other language other than it's original language technically it's no longer the Quran, because no other language can accurately express the meaning of the original words of the Quran. Of course that doesn't mean translations are haram or anything translations are encouraged.

But it's not like we can pray in Somali lol.

Our language is Rich.

Magnet = Birlab

Missile = Gantaal

An Arrow = Gamuun ama Fallaar/Fallaadh

Waxaan ka helaa Gamuunka waayo it defines the action and trajectory of the Arrow as in Wax la Ganay ama la Gamay since the somali word for throw is Gamid/Ganid.

Holy Shit my somali is top Notch and I thought I didn't know much.

Shaygoosh

Dadkaan ahay waa Duriyad Saare iyo Dawolad! 👑
Samirah-Arabic
Muna-Arabic
Xalima-Arabic

This is fascinating .

That a whole country can have less of their own Somali ethnic names than Arabic ones.

Take back the Somali language.

There’s tons of Somali origin names. Somalis have this fixation with Arabic names over their own.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
These people are so weird. Bet can't speak a lick of Somali or absolutely butcher the lingo.

Wallet, waa something to behold. Sspot residential gaals, I see you.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
Niggas would rather be named Eebe and Amartiwaaq over Muxammad and Ismaaciil literally Nabi names.

68 is rampant amongst these lot, this Somali nationalist obsession will lead to Arab hatred which always leads to kuffar

we have to adopt more Arabic names not the other way around
Arab hatred doesn't always lead to kuffar.
Sometimes you can be a faithful Muslim whilst not liking those Sand monkeys

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
This is just as cringe as when an English dude tried to change his name from Tom to Aælfrēd or whatever. This is something unemployed niggas worry about, don’t make the poor guy at the welfare office spell Guuled
Yeah I forgot so many English people have French and German names you start to wonder which name is actually proper English or of foreign origin

Amber

A blessed human
The cute mask is no more.
Sorta, I can't deal with people who act so annoying
Awkward Mean Girls GIF