Somali cuisine habits that need to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Muqmad thats one thing I cant eat

I was invited over for dinner one time AND they only served muqmad :tacky: I drank shaah told em I cant eat meat at the moment

For those of us in less positions of affluence like yourself. Saliid cadey is staple. Although we do reserve a bottle of cheap olive oil for finishing touches :lolbron:

Poor people using poor products breed poor children who will use poor products, ad infinitum.
Break the cycle. Use olive oil.:duck:

But I hate it when hooyo or aabe add lettuce to every fucking meal :susp::russ: They'll put some lettuce on pizza to make it "healthy":dead:
Pizza with cold dressed salad is actually a specialty in my country :oops:
stop-eat.jpg

I disassociate myself from this madness.
The Iraqis put raisins in their rice too, I don't like it but fries though :banderas:

True, also lots of nuts and other shit. I like my pilav pretty basic but thats just me. And the fries, i find, develop a bad texture when buried in steaming rice. Maybe alone, but to each his own at the end of the day lol

Muqmad thats one thing I cant eat

I was invited over for dinner one time AND they only served muqmad :tacky: I drank shaah told em I cant eat meat at the moment

Though I used to like eating it when I was young back home, I still remember I used to get stomachache right after I had muqmad. Never knew why, and since muqmad wasn't eaten on daily basis, I didn't complain and used to enjoy it, despite the consequences. lol

But you're right, it's better to avoid eating it, as it's full of fat, animal fat + the one they cook it with.

Poor people using poor products breed poor children who will use poor products, ad infinitum.
Break the cycle. Use olive oil.:duck:
Begone you olive oil shill! My people do not recognize that bitter-green substance u call oil!

High sugar diet was okay in the homeland because we used to burn it off walking around in the hot sun.

Western deathstyle is not compatible with the Somali diet. We need to adjust.
This ^. Too much fat and dairy are linked to CHD and stroke, our sedentary lifestyle in the west only exasperates the amount of incidences. If only this information was well spread among our older generation

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Have you ever had the misfortune of sharing a big ass plate of rice with odayaal using their hands and watching them shake off the excess right back on the plate

:susp::susp:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Suprised no one brought up Shaani and Miranda which is like the Somali cocktail. Carbonated drinks are so 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending