Somali cuisine habits that need to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Het beste uitzicht
Trust me somali food is the bomb, i wouldn't change anything, the only change i would recommend is to have more Fish dishes. Having the longest coast, we should be a fish nation

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
LOL walahi i think one habar just took a fancy to it one day and told all other Somali mums to buy it. Shit took everyone by storm at one point
First time I had vimto was when I went to bosaso back in 2006. I didn't know Somali halal stores sold it, when I came back I bought 4 bottles. I still buy it. :rejoice:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Trust me somali food is the bomb, i wouldn't change anything, the only change i would recommend is to have more Fish dishes. Having the longest coast, we should be a fish nation

:vqbuyv0:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Yes, I would prefer more fish dishes.

Baked fish dishes
Fried fish
Grilled fish
BBQ fish

Fish fish fish fish fish :banderas:

Ow and when they had fucking sliced up carrots to everything, like wtf WHYYY. cooked carrots in rice :vqbuyv0:
I always just move them aside

I was visiting my distant relative cousins and they invited me to their house since I was a overseas visitor and they made me tuna sambusa among other food.

I took a bite out of it and was disgusted and gave them a dirty look mixed with a :susp: look. I quickly tried to change my reaction but it was too late.

They invited me back the next day with ground beef sambusa on the table lol

I honesty don't see how anyone can enjoy it. It completely masks the flavour of the tea :(
I personally don't drink tea or coffee but how Somalis drench their tea with sugar is beyond unbelievable. Its high time this stops this for good the rise of Somalis with diabetics is rising and this practice is one of the few reasons behind this epidemic.

I was visiting my distant relative cousins and they invited me to their house since I was a overseas visitor and they made me tuna sambusa among other food.

I took a bite out of it and was disgusted and gave them a dirty look mixed with a :susp: look. I quickly tried to change my reaction but it was too late.

They invited me back the next day with ground beef sambusa on the table lol
I actually like tuna sambusa !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending