Somali cultural appropriation

if i had a dollar for every time i saw Somali men wearing a Saudi bisht to Weddings and other special events, I would be a wealthy man. Its the male equivalent of a somali girl wearing an indian sari, very embarrassing. The even wear the saudi ghutra (table cloth looking headwrap), not even other gulf countries wear each others ghutra, each country has their own one. Wahhabism is so rife in Somali culture that it conflates Saudi culture with Islam.

amer007.gif
v2n_hNTxN6Op4zCdkH4LBEpTVgInGb84kGu1qLe3IdOW_9V-HCud36wXQ35sc9VfmvB2qHWtrmpo2HY-KaaehtmuoOklUP3uB1fqUQc

Based

VIP
Nobody wears the top picture stop the lies. Cimaamad isn't only Arab culture every Muslim is familiar with it

if i had a dollar for every time i saw Somali men wearing a Saudi bisht to Weddings and other special events, I would be a wealthy man. Its the male equivalent of a somali girl wearing an indian sari, very embarrassing. The even wear the saudi ghutra (table cloth looking headwrap), not even other gulf countries wear each others ghutra, each country has their own one. Wahhabism is so rife in Somali culture that it conflates Saudi culture with Islam.

amer007.gif
v2n_hNTxN6Op4zCdkH4LBEpTVgInGb84kGu1qLe3IdOW_9V-HCud36wXQ35sc9VfmvB2qHWtrmpo2HY-KaaehtmuoOklUP3uB1fqUQc
You’re just jealous sxb :hillarybiz:

Nobody wears the top picture stop the lies. Cimaamad isn't only Arab culture every Muslim is familiar with it

You’re really gonna sit here and lie to say you’ve never seen a Somali wearing a Saudi bisht. There are different cimaamads but only Saudis wear the red table cloth one.

Yep.

Arabs don't wear each other's cultural clothes, they are all differentiated from each other but Somalis and other ethnic groups love copying Arabs whilst disregarding their own cultural garments.

Thanks to those mixed Arab-Indian-Bantu communities in South Somalia who made Omani hats, Somalis started wearing Omani Hats also and now think it's cultural. Every Somali clan elder runs around looking like a wannabe Omani or a Zanzibari (former Oman Colony).

Apollo

VIP
Yep.

Arabs don't wear each other's cultural clothes, they are all differentiated from each other but Somalis and other ethnic groups love copying Arabs whilst disregarding their own cultural garments.

Thanks to those mixed Arab-Indian-Bantu communities in South Somalia who made Omani hats, Somalis started wearing Omani Hats also and now think it's cultural. Every Somali clan elder runs around looking like a wannabe Omani or a Zanzibari (former Oman Colony).

Somalia doesn't fund arts and being an artist is looked down upon in Somali culture.

Siyaad Barre was the only one who tried creating local arts, theatre etc. His regime even created tons of Cushitic Somali words for scientific terms. People hate on Siyaad Barre, but he was by far the best Somali leader so far.

Current Somali regimes don't care about local culture, hence the cultural bootyclapping and adoption of nearby cultures (especially Arab, Turkish, Swahili, Indian etc.).

Somalia doesn't fund arts and being an artist is looked down upon in Somali culture.

Siyaad Barre was the only one who tried creating local arts, theatre etc. His regime even created tons of Cushitic Somali words for scientific terms. People hate on Siyaad Barre, but he was by far the best Somali leader so far.

Current Somali regimes don't care about local culture, hence the cultural bootyclapping and adoption of nearby cultures (especially Arab, Turkish, Swahili, Indian etc.).

He liked Arts because he wanted people to draw pictures OF HIM.

I think he was an awful leader, but I agree with the rest.

Apollo

VIP
He liked Arts because he wanted people to draw pictures OF HIM.

I think he was an awful leader, but I agree with the rest.

He made some retarded political moves, especially when it came to wars and violence.

But when it came to science and culture, no Somali leader has outdone him to this day.

Trending