SOMALI GIRL writes a LETTER advising FARMAAJO

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly i dont give a shit about politics, let alone somali politics. all i know is that i would never want to share a country with people who glorify a mass murderer and ignore his bloodshed just because he was from their qabiil. likewise, as along as you guys keep denying or belittling what happened, even calling the snm a terrorist group, we will never unify.

The SNM did commit terrorist like crimes and so did every participant of the civil war, that's not up for discussion that a fact but I see your intellect have trouble comprehending it :childplease:

Maybe you should study politics and history before getting emotional, it is embarrassing seeing you proof the male key board warriors point. You're setting us back by 200 years :ivers:

I'm not the one in denial. I know which country I'm from however I can't say the same to you. Don't tell me the bullshit that every lander says "we don't have anything but atleast we have peace" if you want to be recognized as a country you should start building your region instead of milking something that happened 30 years ago
lol what the hell do you think we have been doing. if you want to be blind, go ahead, but Somaliland is not as bad as you guys claim. all the businesses, schools, hospitals etc.. we built on our own. we are still a third world country so i don't know what you expected, but from shitty African standards we are doing fine.

The SNM did commit terrorist like crimes and so did every participant of the civil war, that's not up for discussion that a fact but I see your intellect have trouble comprehending it :childplease:

Maybe you should study politics and history before getting emotional, it is embarrassing seeing you proof the male key board warriors point. You're setting us back by 200 years :ivers:
so the snm were terrorist but somehow the psycho who tried to wipe out an entire qabiil was a good leader, worthy of t constant praise?:kodaksmiley:

GTFOH with that nonsense:camby:

so the snm were terrorist but somehow the psycho who tried to wipe out an entire qabiil was a good leader, worthy of t constant praise?:kodaksmiley:

GTFOH with that nonsense:camby:

Can't you read, sis? I sad EVERY participant of the civil war committed atrocities that includes Siad Barre :kodaksmiley:

Siad Barre's removal wasn't the problem with the civil war but the dismantling of the state in the same fashion of Iraq, this is what has doomed us
and now we are staring from scrach :manny:

lol what the hell do you think we have been doing. if you want to be blind, go ahead, but Somaliland is not as bad as you guys claim. all the businesses, schools, hospitals etc.. we built on our own. we are still a third world country so i don't know what you expected, but from shitty African standards we are doing fine.
Trust me I went to both Somaliland and puntland and the difference is day and night puntland is much better than somali land honestly Hargeisa looks like galkacyo maybe slightly better than it

Can't you read, sis? I sad EVERY participant of the civil war committed atrocities that includes Siad Barre :kodaksmiley:

Siad Barre's removal wasn't the problem with the civil war but the dismantling of the state in the same fashion of Iraq, this is what has doomed us
They will keep milking it to the end of time I imagine in the year 2100 they will still have the plastic airplane on display:drakelaugh:

well tell that to the members who think its sensible making appreciation threads for the maniac.

I honestly didn't care about this issue until some of you kept disrespecting my family as well as the hundreds of thousands of victims of that criminal.

Only very recently have Somaliland received Bilateral aid (state to state aid) and it still pales in comparison to the BILLIONS received by Somalia which is still a hell hole.

Previously, Somaliland has built up and SECURED it's vital state institutions literally from the ground up without BARELY receiving aid.

Whereas countries that are dependent on aid can afford to neglect tax collection, countries without it are forced to use taxation appropriately. In 1990-2000, the Somaliland ministry of finance reported that “95 per cent of the resource that finance the activities are locally mobilised, mostly through taxation”.

https://capx.co/somaliland-is-a-lesson-in-how-to-build-a-nation-without-aid/

Also @Steamdevolopment yes it is a shame that Somaliland has delayed elections several times however, the most recent postponement was MUTUALLY agreed amongst the major parties due to drought.

The guurti (upper house of elders) which could be compared to the unelected British house of lords, just ratified the agreement between the parties and made the delay final.

http://thenational-somaliland.com/2...house-elders-postpone-presidential-elections/

http://www.somalilandsun.com/politi...-nec-concur-on-drought-induced-election-delay

Gambar

VIP
Did I say otherwise? My only contention was that for now Somaliland is still a de-facto independent state within Somalia, not outside of it legally speaking. That is it, sister.
Of course, Somaliland is still legally part of Somalia and both are impoverished suffering from clan skirmishes and corruption. Somaliland is however a safe and peaceful country. I just feel like without Somalia getting its affairs in order, there's no point of the conversation about Somaliland returning.

Also the Somaliweyn concept includes K5, French Somaliland, British Somaliland, NFD, and Italian Somalia hence the star. It would be nice to be unified but before that institutional building needs to occur. There are way too many internal issues in Somalia.

Gambar

VIP
well tell that to the members who think its sensible making appreciation threads for the maniac.

I honestly didn't care about this issue until some of you kept disrespecting my family as well as the hundreds of thousands of victims of that criminal.
Somali people all care about their qabiil, war criminals from their own clan are always protected just like rapists.

Gambar

VIP
Only very recently have Somaliland received Bilateral aid (state to state aid) and it still pales in comparison to the BILLIONS received by Somalia which is still a hell hole.

Previously, Somaliland has built up and SECURED it's vital state institutions literally from the ground up without BARELY receiving aid.

https://capx.co/somaliland-is-a-lesson-in-how-to-build-a-nation-without-aid/

Also @Steamdevolopment yes it is a shame that Somaliland has delayed elections several times however, the most recent postponement was MUTUALLY agreed amongst the major parties due to drought.

The guurti (upper house of elders) which could be compared to the unelected British house of lords, just ratified the agreement between the parties and made the delay final.

http://thenational-somaliland.com/2...house-elders-postpone-presidential-elections/

http://www.somalilandsun.com/politi...-nec-concur-on-drought-induced-election-delay
Delaying elections and imprisoning journalists for being anti Somaliland doesn't bode with the international community. It looks really bad.

Delaying elections and inprisoning journalists for being anti Somaliland doesn't bode with the international community. It looks really bad.

https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/eeas/f...tional_partners_to_somaliland._2017.01.26.pdf

"As international partners made clear this week in Hargeisa, the drought should not be used as an excuse for putting the democratic process in Somaliland on hold. International partners are seriously disappointed by the decision by the President, the political parties and the National Electoral Commission (NEC) to postpone the presidential elections from 28 March to 10 October 2017. The announcement to combine the local elections with the parliamentary elections on 10 October 2018 delaying the local elections by almost a year, only adds to the concern that Somalilanders have a lower house which has been sitting for 12 years."

Delaying elections and inprisoning journalists for being anti Somaliland doesn't bode with the international community. It looks really bad.

Again, it's not good delaying the election and the ruling party are probably loving every extra day but in the end of the day, it was agreed upon by the parties (who the population voted for), NEC comitee and the independent guurti.

As for the journalists, again that is a shame but compared to neighbouring dictatorships like Ethiopia and Djibouti and somalia which is THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD for journalists in the year 2016, then it looks like Somaliland is light years ahead. (Although I condemn the treatments of journalists in the country).

By the way, this is a good, non-biased article on the semantics of journalism in somaliland. It doesn't hold punches and IT IS critical of Somaliland but, as the article states, the situation is more complicated than you think.

https://issafrica.org/amp/iss-today/think-again-somaliland-and-the-trouble-with-a-free-press

Also@Steamdevolopment the West has never really been a beneficial stakeholder in regards to somalia and the whole region.

Also the West has backed and and supported various dictatorships like Egypt and terrorist backing nations like saudi-arabia.

They just have the gall to discredit Somalilands indigenous hard won achievements because it is a poor, unrecognised country that won't fight back. On the otherhand, if Britain regularly complained to Saudi Arabia about their treatment of women and the killings of innocent Yemenis, then they would loose £billions contract for arms sales.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ntinue-saudi-arms-sales-after-funeral-bombing

Gambar

VIP
Again, it's not good delaying the election and the ruling party are probably loving every extra day but in the end of the day, it was agreed upon by the parties (who the population voted for), NEC comitee and the independent guurti.

As for the journalists, again that is a shame but compared to neighbouring dictatorships like Ethiopia and Djibouti and somalia which is THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD for journalists in the year 2016, then it looks like Somaliland is light years ahead. (Although I condemn the treatments of journalists in the country).

By the way, this is a good, non-biased article on the semantics of journalism in somaliland. It doesn't hold punches and IT IS critical of Somaliland but, as the article states, the situation is more complicated than you think.

https://issafrica.org/amp/iss-today/think-again-somaliland-and-the-trouble-with-a-free-press

Also@Steamdevolopment the West has never really been a beneficial stakeholder in regards to somalia and the whole region.

Also the West has backed and and supported various dictatorships like Egypt and terrorist backing nations like saudi-arabia.

They just have the gall to discredit Somalilands indigenous hard won achievements because it is a poor, unrecognised country that won't fight back. On the otherhand, if Britain regularly complained to Saudi Arabia about their treatment of women and the killings of innocent Yemenis, then they would loose £billion contract for arms sales.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ntinue-saudi-arms-sales-after-funeral-bombing

The article even states imprisoning journalists and media outlets if they write something unfavorable about Somaliland are charged with "betraying". Although imprisonment in the article is considered minor, rather than paying the fine, everything is about appearance and unrecognized Somaliland can't afford bad press pun intended.

By the way you're talking you would think that Somaliland is better than somalia but when I went there it was shit your capital Hargeisa looks like a slum there isn't any road that is broken atleast in puntlands capital and Mogadishu they have good roads in there
Hargeisa is beautiful lol why are you lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending