Somali Hiker's Group is NOT just for Somalis- Somali Events Need to be Somali?

Thanks @Kamaaludeen Al Reewin for pointing this out, but there is a group called 'Somali Hikers' that is on TikTok, based in Britain. And of course, as per usual, there are non-Somali MEN, who are trying to encroach on our spaces, and this group has permitted it. Be wary of these organisations and don't just send your female relatives to join them, because I don't care if it's cynical, but I see it as an opportunity for thirsty foreign men to try to get at gabdhaheena, in a setting that is supposed to be for Somalis.

If you yourself, want to host Somali only events, please try to keep it Somali, even if you have to take drastic action by ignoring comments by non-Somalis, or telling people to send you private messages.

Look through the comments section, you'll see foreigners asking if they can join, and the group saying 'welcome' to everyone.

Last edited:
UK Somalis are too kind. They don't know the meaning of gatekeep. I hope this Somali hate Unites Somalis altogether and be a bit more stern towards ajanabis trying to infiltrate in our community. Enough is enough.

UK Somalis are too kind. They don't know the meaning of gatekeep. I hope this Somali hate Unites Somalis altogether and be a bit more stern towards ajanabis trying to infiltrate in our community. Enough is enough.

I hope we can teach future generations to learn from our mistakes. I am compiling a list of things we need to do, to gatekeep Somalinimo and maintain sharaf. Mistakes are just lessons, so we should not feel bad, but that doesn't mean we sit in dhiiqo forever.

The people in the comments section who are trying to get in on this, are men from what I can see, I see a Madow man, a Yemeni man, an Cadaan man etc. So, it's up to nimanka Soomaaliyeed to stop being all 'welcome brother', this is not an Islamic event and dadkaan qaarkood Muslim xataa ma'aha, this is a way for Somalis to bond with each other, network etc, how? When you have non-Somalis right there. And for racist lurkers, If you want us to move back to our country, then, let us bond with each other in peace.

I hope we can teach future generations to learn from our mistakes. I am compiling a list of things we need to do, to gatekeep Somalinimo and maintain sharaf. Mistakes are just lessons, so we should not feel bad, but that doesn't mean we sit in dhiiqo forever.

The people in the comments section who are trying to get in on this, are men from what I can see, I see a Madow man, a Yemeni man, an Cadaan man etc. So, it's up to nimanka Soomaaliyeed to stop being all 'welcome brother', this is not an Islamic event, this is a way for Somalis to bond with each other, network etc, how? When you have non-Somalis right there. And for racist lurkers, If you want us to move back to our country, then, let us bond with each other in peace.
THIS. this is literally an activity to bring SOMALIS together for us to get to know one another and share our experience while hiking. So why are we becoming soft and allowing just anybody to come to a space for SOMALIS to bond? you won't see Somalis desperate in going to an Asian hike or an Arab hike.We need to get our message loud and far and sit down with Somalis that are too open with everybody.

Last edited:
I have a solution, call these events "Somali Networking Event", they will be less likely to ask for an invitation, if it's called a Somali Networking Event, and even write in Af-Soomaali if need be.

Personally, I would never join a 'Somali event' that has non-Somalis, it would make me uncomfortable, as I cannot even speak or joke in Af-Soomaali freely, without feeling rude or awkward, or 'observed'. At least, change the name altogether, so that Somalis know what to expect.

The fundamental problem we are facing with these groups are they aren't post in Af Somali but in English. For instance arabs been having events like this but it's in Af Arab and Sense foreign can't read they don't go. We need to drop the latin alphabet and transition to Osmanya in Af Somali.

Unfortunately, we have some Somalis who have become too welcoming to ajanabis. Especially if they’re Muslim. Nothing short of a personal, traumatic experience will make these people see the dangers of not setting boundaries with outsiders. They will call you racist or nationalist.

When I go on a hike promoted as a Somali event, I want to see other Somalis and not some ajanabi interlopers. Don’t care how nice they are.

Thanks @Kamaaludeen Al Reewin for pointing this out, but there is a group called 'Somali Hikers' that is on TikTok, based in Britain. And of course, as per usual, there are non-Somali MEN, who are trying to encroach on our spaces, and this group has permitted it. Be wary of these organisations and don't just send your female relatives to join them, because I don't care if it's cynical, but I see it as an opportunity for thirsty foreign men to try to get at gabdhaheena, in a setting that is supposed to be for Somalis.

If you yourself, want to host Somali only events, please try to keep it Somali, even if you have to take drastic action by ignoring comments by non-Somalis, or telling people to send you private messages.

Look through the comments section, you'll see foreigners asking if they can join, and the group saying 'welcome' to everyone.

Some of the hiking instructors ect are ajnabi?

Dont they have instructors and coordinators which is why they’re charging Β£30 to just walk around not even including the tickets?

Those Ajnabis are probably what I described above. Hence the price.

Unfortunately, we have some Somalis who have become too welcoming to ajanabis. Especially if they’re Muslim. Nothing short of a personal, traumatic experience will make these people see the dangers of not setting boundaries with outsiders. They will call you racist or nationalist.

When I go on a hike promoted as a Somali event, I want to see other Somalis and not some ajanabi interlopers. Don’t care how nice they are.
Its a psychological problem within all black people. They have this "who are you to exclude others", mindset because they're so used to being the ones begging to be included in other people's spaces.

Unfortunately, Somalis aren't free of this.

Some of the hiking instructors ect are ajnabi?

Dont they have instructors and coordinators which is why they’re charging Β£30 to just walk around not even including the tickets?

Those Ajnabis are probably what I described above. Hence the price.

No, there are foreigners in the comments asking if they can come saying "I am Yemeni can I come" or "I am not Somali can I come" and then the page owner is telling them "yes".

So, we would have foreigners hiking among Somalis for an event that is supposedly for "Somalis".

Its a psychological problem within all black people. They have this "who are you to exclude others", mindset because they're so used to being the ones begging to be included in other people's spaces.

Unfortunately, Somalis aren't free of this.

Did you guys see Love is Blind Habibi? Not a single brown or black skinned "Arab" in the cast. They do these things on purpose because when they say "Arab" they mean "real Arabs" and are not shy about it.

But we have Somalis who can't even stage a simple event without ajnabi in loo yeerto.

Maarkey account ka SSpot somesta ma yaganin see tha af Somali lo akhri oo, la keen ma-leen cus sa wan baranya :ftw9nwa:

Ahriso wararka Soomalia, saas baa aniga uu bartay. And sound out every word in your head that will help with knowing how many vowels to use. :)

So it is Maa + Lin for Maalin for example.

Iyo waarikdkaaga Af Soomaali kula sheekeeso, iyagaa ku caawiniya InshaAllah.

Imagine turning up and it's just a bunch of non Somali guys .

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

Trending