Somali Nationality debate on who can pass the Somali identity

One of the guys raised a valid point about foreign terrorists coming to somalia and having children. But who accounts for these people in the first place? im sure many of their kids have already lived in Somalia for over a decade now.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Lebanon & Syria are not gulf countries, Libya, Algeria etc also have these laws.

Even Burundi which is a Bantu nation has this law.
On what basis should women be barred from this right afforded to men?

The primary answer to this question cant be “X country has done it”.

we have had open borders for the last 30 years. Terrorists have come to this country produced children with somali women while they were killing ours.

AMISOM occupiers have done the same. We also have a Oromo problem in Somalia where we have a huge influx of illegal Oromo migrants that mascarade as Somalis claiming their mothers are somali. Sxb we can’t do this, if you listen to the MP he said the whole somali identity will be in jeopardy if we accept this. This is why this is a red-line when it comes to nationality.

@Macawisley can you become a naturalized Somali?
Foreigners have to give up their nationality, be able to Speak Somali & reside in Somalia for 7 years LEGALLY in order to be eligible for Somali citizenship as per 1962 citizenship law.

6BAFFACA-E636-4F4F-B773-F46D6513A940.jpeg

As Per the amendment, those Somalis (by origin) will never lose their citizenship even if they get another citizenship.
3CB56847-897E-4A8B-9C32-A115D6ED7BE9.jpeg

Foreigners have to give up their nationality, be able to Speak Somali & reside in Somalia for 7 years LEGALLY in order to be eligible for Somali citizenship as per 1962 citizenship law.

View attachment 317074

As Per the amendment, those Somalis (by origin) will never lose their citizenship even if they get another citizenship.
View attachment 317075

If the provision of naturalizations remains unchanged, then half-Somalis with Somali mothers can still become citizens once they fulfill the requirements.

Which begs the question, why are lawmakers contradicting the constitution? Or is it just the aspect of giving them citizenship at birth that concerns them and maybe want to delay with 7 years until letting them acquire nationality? It seems very confusing to me.

Has nothing to do with rights, women don’t lose their citizenship for marrying a qaladi. As for the children, the Somali state has no obligation towards them, any more than it would have towards a Chinese child

View attachment 317074

View attachment 317075
Those grants only happened for EPLF or ANC fighters/refugees and require a special grant by the president, the terms are what the preconditions are.

If the provision of naturalizations remains unchanged, then half-Somalis with Somali mothers can still become citizens once they fulfill the requirements.

Which begs the question, why are lawmakers contradicting the constitution? Or is it just the aspect of giving them citizenship at birth that concerns them and maybe want it to delay with 7 years until letting them acquire nationality? It seems very confusing to me.
I think you have to be 18+ to apply & also there really isn’t a process for naturalisation this is just on paper we know Somaaliya inaysan sharci ka jirin... This whole agenda is pushed by those Xalimos in the west who want to move to Somalia later on in life with their Madow cubs.

I think you have to be 18+ to apply & also there really isn’t a process for naturalisation this is just on paper we know Somaaliya inaysan sharci ka jirin... This whole agenda is pushed by those Xalimos in the west who want to move to Somalia later on in life with their ajenebi cubs.
Somali society won’t accept them, what I don’t understand is why would they whine about this so much, DOESNT THE FATHER HAVE A CITIZENSHIP?

Somali society won’t accept them, what I don’t understand is why would they whine about this so much, DOESNT THE FATHER HAVE A CITIZENSHIP?
The ones that are crying/whining are the ones who have given birth to the kids of dead foreign al-Shabaab fighters or dead AMISOM soldiers. We shouldn’t entertain their calaacal at all sxb.

Child will get bullied in the neighbourhood regardless of what the law states. I’ve seen this happen with my own eyes. There is no way out of this for those half Somalis with foreign fathers. Somalis back home are brutal like that.

Child will get bullied in the neighbourhood regardless of what the law states. I’ve seen this happen with my own eyes. There is no way out of this for those foreigners with somali mothers. Somalis back home are brutal like that.
True, it’s true as well for Somalis with foreign mothers, which should be a wake up call for Moroccophiles

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Radical Feminists who happen to all have Somali Husbands & children are getting pressured by Halimos with Madow/ajnabi cubs to allow their ajnabi children obtain somali nationality after being abandoned by the father of their children.

They also seem to be very insecure about Somali men marrying Moroccan women since they even brought that to the parliament :damn:

Somali MPs did not entertain this nonsense of allowing the children of former terrorists/AMISOM to ever be entitled to call themselves Somali.

So far, the 1962 citizenship law will remain in place with the amendement of allowing dual citizenship. This is really important especially at a time when Somalia wants to extract oil.

View attachment 317054

Bear in mind these radical feminists tried to do a constitutional change to state that Somali women can pass citizenship to their ajnabi children. You need 217 MPs 2/3rds out of 329 both chambers combined. They only got 77 :dead:

what kind of a human being calls children cubs? War miyaa lagu abusejiray?

True, it’s true as well for Somalis with foreign mothers, which should be a wake up call for Moroccophiles
Not true at all walaal/abaayo. Somalis with foreign mothers are not bullied at all. They are just seen as another Somali that looks slightly weird. There was one midget with a Malaysian mother in my area back home in Mogadishu. He was getting mad love and affection from everyone because his father hailed from one of the big clans native to the district. The Somali youngsters in the neighbourhood would even go as far as teaching him his abtirsi 🤣 You are what your father is in Somalia. I want my Somali sisters who are reading this to learn from my experiences travelling to Somalia. I have witnessed everything with my own two eyes. The half Italian with the foreign father vowed to never to return to Somalia because of the harassments he experienced. They used to bully him non stop. I have a female relative that married a foreign Muslim man. They have beautifull children together. She is happy with her life and is planning to live and retire where here husband is from. This is the correct way in my opinion.

Last edited: