Somali restaurants are increasingly getting rid of the muus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I have noticed.

This one particular I've been to in Edmonton has a large non Somali customer base so this is understandable (no big demand for bananas) but still disappointing. Most restaurants do serve meals with the banana though. This one is called African Safari. Its OK

However, I noticed another restaurant in London does this and this particularly packed restaurant had only Somalis. No ajnabis. So why get rid of the banana? I asked the server to get me one and she laughed at me. By the way, it's called Savannah. I don't recommend it; the food is crap and isn't even Somali food (including the rice) and portions are also somewhat small.

We are seeing the banana slowly disappear from Somali cuisine. Somali food is becoming Westernized (the only thing I dont want Somalis to Westernize)

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Tbh I dont have muus with My meal only IF I have it around besides alotta Somali restaurants are okayish

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
The meat never does it for me in Somali restaurants The best chicken I Ever tasted was at this old Somali ladies crib :lawd::lawd::lawd:

She never wanted to share the Recipe that sucked would have saved me time with recreating that dish

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Somalis got used to getting a complimentary banana with their order but I would suggest restaurants start charging per banana. That shit ain't cheap.

I don't care about no banana, what about the portion sizes? My local makhaayad used to serve generous portions
so I would over-look the poor hygiene standards but now they are serving western standard portions, I stopped going.

I don't care about no banana, what about the portion sizes? My local makhaayad used to serve generous portions
so I would over-look the poor hygiene standards but now they are serving western standard portions, I stopped going.

Portions haven't changed in my city at least; they are very large.

I'm with @AbdiJohnson on this one, how you gonna be adding timir (dates) to your bariis fam..

:bell: Bisbaas takes away the exquisiteness of the bariis.
Restaurant bariis isn't all that great sxb. The bisbaas at least makes it tasty.

I can't have the banana though. It's too soft and sweet for my liking.

VixR

Veritas
Found the hindi :susp:

kkkkkk
It's gotten to the point I can't eat without it. The more xaaxer, the better. I'm always on the lookout for better bisbass and bisbassafied dishes :z1banet::z1banet::z1banet:

P.S I love Indian food. I do get mistaken, may as well have been in a past life. Biriyani Rice :rejoice:Fish curry with rooti:rejoice:Rice pudding:rejoice:

It's gotten to the point I can't eat without it. The more xaaxer, the better. I'm always on the lookout for better bisbass and bisbassafied dishes :z1banet::z1banet::z1banet:

P.S I love Indian food. I do get mistaken, may as well have been in a past life. Biriyani Rice :rejoice:Fish curry with rooti:rejoice:Rice pudding:rejoice:
Butter chicken, Chicken Tikka, Lamb Biryani :ahhhh:

If you ever come to Toronto I'll take you to some amazing Indian restaurants.

VixR

Veritas
Butter chicken, Chicken Tikka, Lamb Biryani :ahhhh:

If you ever come to Toronto I'll take you to some amazing Indian restaurants.
They have some good eats and they're on my bisbass level.

There are some really awesome one's when I visited my cuzzos in Illinois, 'cuz there's bare Indian there. Wallahi, I got culture shock :ftw9nwa:. You guys probably have a good food scene up there, too.

They have some good eats and they're on my bisbass level.

There are some really awesome one's when I visited my cuzzos in Illinois. There's bare Indian there wallahi. I got culture shock :ftw9nwa:. You guys probably have a good food scene up there, too.
I'm surrounded by Indians over here lol. I can smell the food that they're cooking though my window. :kendrickcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts