Somalia has some nice beaches damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
somalibeach1279385754.jpg

hon-st-geran-beach.jpg
looks sick...

Apollo

VIP
Is the last one really Somalia? It looks like a resort in the Seychelles or something. Somalis don't really plant Coconut palms on beaches like that.

Look at Socotra Island images, owned by Somalia but claimed and run by Yemen.
Socotra island is too beautiful, damn. My favourite tree is from there the blood dragon tree. The isolation subjugated on that island has produced incredible biodiversity. :ahh:

How is it owned by Somalia when the inhabitants are some branch of Arabians and are subject to the government in Yemen?

If the Bantu fill every single Governmental position in Somalia, is the country owned by them? They live in Socotra to make ends meet, sources of food can be found their. When the British where colonising they had a report with the heading 'British Somaliland and Socotra'.

Apollo

VIP
If the Bantu fill every single Governmental position in Somalia, is the country owned by them? They live in Socotra to make ends meet, sources of food can be found their. When the British where colonising they had a report with the heading 'British Somaliland and Socotra'.

Socotra has been inhabited by South Arabians since 5000 BC.

Somalis never lived on that island. I say this as a Puntlander.

The people there have a mixed ancestry, it used to belong to somalia during some point... We do not have a claim to it, as the majority of the people there consider themselves yemeni.

Apollo

VIP
The people there have a mixed ancestry, it used to belong to somalia during some point... We do not have a claim to it, as the majority of the people there consider themselves yemeni.

They aren't mixed race. Socotris have been DNA tested already. They are a unique branch of South Arabians.

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2008/11/y-chromosomes-and-mtdna-from-soqotra.html

I don't get why Somalis claim them when they aren't related to Somalis at all.

They settled the island from Yemen-Oman about 6 thousand years ago.

Socotra has been inhabited by South Arabians since 5000 BC.

Somalis never lived on that island. I say this as a Puntlander.

Walaalayaal, it doesn't matter who lives their. Socotra is in Somalia's territorial water, if the Yemen's who live their say they want to be ruled by Yemen, then no one is stopping them from going to Yemen. If you argue Socotra Island being apart of Yemen, then I will argue the Bajuni Islands (near Kismayo) given to the Bantu/Swahili people. I'm a Puntlander aswell.

Geographically, Socotra is more related to the Somali East African biome. But politically it is a part of Yemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.