Somalis and Horses

ZBR

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Good thread thanks

E1751B8A-7E10-4F70-8923-C3114D920B95.png

ZBR

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Also interesting that the word نواصي here is the same one in Surah Iqra “ the lying forelock”

i wonder if it’s referring to the conditioning , training of the horses behavior , and the synergy between the horse and its rider

What are its advantages? I'm not a fan of it in theory. but I think our ancestors had a reason to ride it
Better endurance and survivability. This horse needs extremely little care. Its very good for its size sxb and its no slouch ppl hunted antelopes with this. An arab horse would die before this one in a drought

You are right, pure bred Arabian horses are larger and more athletic. Arabian horses are next level breeds MashaAllah.
Arabian horses have been selectively bred for thousands of years, even predating the ‘Arabs’. There was even an ancient Mesopotamian manual on horse breeding/training found which is where Arabian horses are thought to originate. If Somali horses were selectively bred then you could essentially make them have whatever characteristics you want, just like any other horse.

Trending