Somalis and social awkwardness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always knew you were socially awkward. :mjlol:

I bet you every qaxbaad on here other than @VixR are completely mute miskeenads in the real world. :damedamn:

But when did I give of the impression that I was anything other than a miskeenad :damedamn: I've always been a miskeen kkkk

I'm not socially awkward anymore tho because my job forces me to be social

somalis generally can't function outside their routines.

they have simply tricked themselves into believing their insane antics break routine. they have a specific shisha joint they frequent, a trap house maybe, abdis house for fifa. very rarely do they set aside time to plan something out in its entirety save for new years and other festivities. they never got that lesson because they never needed to learn it.

when you try new things, create new routines, hang out in different locales, diversify your friend group... when you do those things you learn to socialize properly. this is a millenial issue by and large, but it's noticeable with us because we're already homogenous. when there are two groups (fob and diaspora) and one can't work a crowd or present in front of more than 5 people you start seeing issues.

i know you niggas have seen them chilling at yonge and dundas square in their unisex groups, girls on one side, boys on the other. only the leader of each side talks to the other group to get things together. it's absurd.

Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, a lot of these kids live in a bubble composed of only other Somalis that reinforce these behaviors and mannerisms, and then they end up getting set in their ways. When they meet other people, they lack the social fluidity to adapt and change up their behaviors, diction, and overall demeanor. Just watch sheeko sheeko and the way those kids behave. And those are your good and educated Somali youth. Despite that, they would have an impossible time making inroads at a charity dinner filled with WASPs. Want to make it far in corporate Canada and set yourself apart? Learn how to talk Hockey. It's their religion. But I'm sure you already know that.

@Jubba_Man

Honestly man, If you know there is a problem with the somali youth then you should try and alleviate that.

You can easily set up a few Somali interview workshops and networking events.

You should help out some of these niggas and be real with them instead of calcaaling on an obscure forum

I think Somalis only get awkward when they're around each other.

For example weddings the Abdis are extremely awkward and the Xaalimos are standing around waiting for someone to talk to them.
:mjlol:

Lakiin after the first hour everyone's gotten over the initial awkward phase.
:denzelnigga:

Otherwise we're very outgoing and social people. Loudness comes with being Somali.
I never have to worry about a boring night out if I go out with Somalis.
:siilaanyolaugh:

@Jubba_Man

Honestly man, If you know there is a problem with the somali youth then you should try and alleviate that.

You can easily set up a few Somali interview workshops and networking events.

You should help out some of these niggas and be real with them instead of calcaaling on an obscure forum

I'm not a community worker. Setting up such a thing would require time and funding I simply don't have at the moment. And Maryooleys are a hard headed group who don't take kindly to being lectured. This is perhaps one of the easiest and least time-intensive platforms to reach a lot of ambitious young people.

Even if you get these going, what large scale change or effect will it bring? Most don't believe they even have a deficit they need to at least acknowledge. Only those few who see it and want to make changes will benefit from such things, and in that respect a post on a forum can be just as helpful.

Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, a lot of these kids live in a bubble composed of only other Somalis that reinforce these behaviors and mannerisms, and then they end up getting set in their ways. When they meet other people, they lack the social fluidity to adapt and change up their behaviors, diction, and overall demeanor. Just watch sheeko sheeko and the way those kids behave. And those are your good and educated Somali youth. Despite that, they would have an impossible time making inroads at a charity dinner filled with WASPs. Want to make it far in corporate Canada and set yourself apart? Learn how to talk Hockey. It's their religion. But I'm sure you already know that.
100 percent accurate especially on hockey filler talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts