Somalis are changing their names and are going to the extreme with their picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing names is whatever but I am aware of some who have went extreme with it.

I once met a guy named Valentino. I forgot his last name but it was equally as extreme. Government ID and everything. It wasn't even a nickname. This was out back East.

Another one (more recent) named Terrence. Government name too.

They weren't born with their names. They changed it.

:dwill:

I'm thinking of something myself but maybe something like Michael and I'll tell Somalis my name is Mikaail for flexibility and for convenience for me. I'll keep my last name out of respect for my forefathers.

:mjswag:

Those people who change their name are they muslims ? In somalia i've met people who have nicknames like steve or james..

Kkkk i don't know how it happened

Those people who change their name are they muslims ? In somalia i've met people who have nicknames like steve or james..

Kkkk i don't know how it happened

They didn't say they were atheists but they were clearly unpractising Muslims. They drink and have only white friends.

Changing names is whatever but I am aware of some who have went extreme with it.

I once met a guy named Valentino. I forgot his last name but it was equally as extreme. Government ID and everything. It wasn't even a nickname. This was out back East.

Another one (more recent) named Terrence. Government name too.

They weren't born with their names. They changed it.

:dwill:

I'm thinking of something myself but maybe something like Michael and I'll tell Somalis my name is Mikaail for flexibility and for convenience for me. I'll keep my last name out of respect for my forefathers.

:mjswag:
Don't change your name man.

They didn't say they were atheists but they were clearly unpractising Muslims. They drink and have only white friends.

Most young somalis who immigrate from Somalia leave the religion and copy the western culture. I've seen a lot of them who starts drinking , wearing chains , marrying white female and becoming atheist... Go to switzerland or italy and you will be shocked..

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Most young somalis who immigrate from Somalia leave the religion and copy the western culture. I've seen a lot of them who starts drinking , wearing chains , marrying white female and becoming atheist... Go to switzerland or italy and you will be shocked..
You're lumping so many things into one loool.

Lol @ wearing chains. What's wrong with that?

I thought Switzerland and Italy had fob Somalis that came recently or Somalis that were there since the Barre days but still act fob

I changed my first name on my resume to a similar sounding anglo saxon name.

Call me coon. :drakelaugh:

They are in for a rude awakening on my first day when I demand that they call me by my difficult to pronounce ethnic name.

Lol @ wearing chains. What's wrong with that?

I thought Switzerland and Italy had fob Somalis that came recently or Somalis that were there since the Barre days but still act fob

I've lived in switzerland for 10 years and yes the old folks from siad barre days are still religious. But the new generation is out of control. Most of them didnt even finish the quran and are mostly drop outs.

We also have young guys coming from Somalia and they quickly adopt with the western culture.. They eventually loose their religion.

And chains is haram in islam

I've lived in switzerland for 10 years and yes the old folks from siad barre days are still religious. But the new generation is out of control. Most of them didnt even finish the quran and are mostly drop outs.

We also have young guys coming from Somalia and they quickly adopt with the western culture.. They eventually loose their religion.

And chains is haram in islam

Zina is way worse but you do that

i could never change a name my parents gave me. i wear that shit like a crown. i just wish i had a more "somali" name. i find somali names to be very unique and beautiful

I don't think changing names is disrespectful, not my fault my parents didn't give me a Somali name in the first place. I'll give them a second chance to make it right - they'll have some input. Might even do a family poll. :siilaanyolaugh:

I don't think changing names is disrespectful, not my fault my parents didn't give me a Somali name in the first place. I'll give them a second chance to make it right - they'll have some input. Might even do a family poll. :siilaanyolaugh:
Arabic names are ingrained in our history that they basically are Somali names imagine if someone from Egypt changed his name to Tutankhamen

Apollo

VIP
Arabic names are ingrained in our history that they basically are Somali names imagine if someone from Egypt changed his name to Tutankhamen
No. Egyptians speak Arabic as their first language. It is not comparable in any way. Somalis still speak Somali.

Status
Not open for further replies.