Somalis are changing their names and are going to the extreme with their picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Egyptians speak Arabic as their first language. It is not comparable in any way. Somalis still speak Somali.
no a better argument would be to say that they were arabized in ethnicity, in language, and in culture. we dont share those characteristics thankfully

No. Egyptians speak Arabic as their first language. It is not comparable in any way. Somalis still speak Somali.

I think most of the changes occurred a few generations ago. When my father tells me the names of my grandfathers there are a lot of authentic Somali names. I hope others can say the same lol.

I think most of the changes occurred a few generations ago. When my father tells me the names of my grandfathers there are a lot of authentic Somali names. I hope others can say the same lol.
Lol I can recite my name till my 13th grand parent and all of them have Arabic names

Apollo

VIP
Turks and Iranians still use their own ethnic names to a large extent. It's just Somalis who are cooning out with those Arab names.

Turks and Iranians still use their own ethnic names to a large extent. It's just Somalis who are cooning out with those Arab names.
There are Somali names but Muslim names are Somali too since they've been used for hundreds of years

They are not Somali names, no matter how hard you try to clap that Arab booty.
When ibn Batuta went to Mogadishu he in 1331 he said that the sultan's name was Abu Bakr ibn Sayx 'Umar, so not only did the sultan have a Muslim name but also his father and his grandfather

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
You are no better than African Americans that change their name to fatema to connect with their ancestors
Why would I keep a name that has ties to a religion that I don't believe in? We get it, you're a ultra-conservative religious guy. You can stop working overtime on this thread now. Go clock out warya.

Why would I keep a name that has ties to a religion that I don't believe in? We get it, you're a ultra-conservative religious guy. You can stop working overtime on this thread now. Go clock out warya.
Oh you're a gaal then you can change your name and make your masters happy

Status
Not open for further replies.