Somalis in west Africa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just detrimental poor gurls women's rights are awful in africa no equality whatsoever. What a disgusting practice which needs to be eradicated. It belongs to the history of othet disturbing practices such as FGM.
No their women are strong and their culture empowers them. Read here about the divorce party for divorced women ( big party where all community will gather to celebrate the divorce) http://www.qu.edu.qa/micyouth/?page_id=589

image.jpeg

Divorce party

So what's this news about force feeing young children ? That doesn't sound like empowering women to me. It sounds like an attack on women for an idealised buety pageant.

It is their culture and we should respect them. I like their government very patriotic and loves their country.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It is their culture and we should respect them. I like their government very patriotic and loves their country.
This isn't good culture though if it threatens the mental stability of young girls who have no voice against this. They cannot chose to opt out from such derogatory practice classed as marriage ceremony, my question to you, is this not a form of oppression ? Force feeding young girls is not what I class as culture it's a violation of a child's rights and a method of abuse.

This isn't good culture though if it threatens the mental stability of young girls who have no voice against this. They cannot chose to opt out from such derogatory practice classed as marriage ceremony, my question to you, is this not a form of oppression ? Force feeding young girls is not what I class as culture it's a violation of a child's rights and a method of abuse.

We can not change the world, let us focus on our problems as Somalis first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending