Somalis invented Coffee

Aseer

A man without a ๐Ÿซ won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
According to tradition, Emir Nur ibn Mujahid went on a 12 year long campaign deep into Ethiopia until when he reached the western regions, he said "Kaffa!" which means "Enough!". The land he was in at the time became known as Kaffa.
If we got the source for that then we are set also is Kaffa a somali word???

Khaemwaset

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP
A Saint whoโ€™s origin is Somali who also lives in Mukha where there was many Somalis built a very popular mosque in Aden,the mosque was the most popular Sufi mosque in Yemen for a while and the Saint also was one of the earliest people to introduce Cafe to southern Arabia
1721237565725.png

1721237574335.png
1721237581558.png

1721237593722.png

It was also during the conquest of Abyssinia Somali saints were introducing coffe to southern Arabia

One of the Saints who was introducing coffee had close relations with Sultan saโ€™adin

1721237619907.png

Coffee was cultivated and planted by Somali agro tribes surrounding Harar. I remember reading a few passages on the area during the late 1800s that mentioned it a while back, can't find it now though. It continues to this day.
Early 1800s of Geri clan growing wheat but also coffee for export from around Harar
6Kd2NAK.png

and early 1800s report of Bartirri cultivating Coffee trees near Harar
2F8q9Af.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope one day we beat these hotep s,madow,halfbreed Timo jileec and take back our history nacalaa
Nba Finals Sport GIF

I don't mind Yemenis claiming it, they are part of the coffee story and opened up a port city to streamlined it to the rest of the world. So they are connected to it.

But Ethiopians can go suck it, they rejected our beverage out of pure animosity for Muslims but now they are trying to pass of a fake story about a goat getting frisky from it.

I don't mind Yemenis claiming it, they are part of the coffee story and opened up a port city to streamlined it to the rest of the world. So they are connected to it.

But Ethiopians can go suck it, they rejected our beverage out of pure animosity for Muslims but now they are trying to pass of a fake story about a goat getting frisky from it.
I recalled someone here once saying Ethiopia's modern coffee industry was started by a Somali businessman

I recalled someone here once saying Ethiopia's modern coffee industry was started by a Somali businessman

That someone is most likely me. I shared a bit about it in another thread a couple of months back
That's pretty cool. It is in a away continuation of tradition.

Funfact: One of the first coffee companies in Africa and the first in Ethiopia was established by a Somali businessman from Galbeed named Mohammed Abdullah Ogsadey. It was based in the greater Harar region. MAO Harar Horse. Considered a Coffee pioneer in Africa.

ZfR5lrZ.png

1pU0Hse.png

His sons continue the export trade nowadays:

Trending

Latest posts