Somalis were mentally and physically enslaved

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what a Somali couple on yt is claiming. I've seen throughout different social medias Somalis running with the same narrative...they want a history of enslavement so bad it's ridiculous. What's up with that?

Finally, the historians of SSpot should way in on this. Were Somalis enslaved? discuss!

No because they converted to Islam, so they couldn't be enslaved by the Muslims since it's haraam to enslave another Muslim.

Anyone who debates this is just stupid. The Muslims conquered all of the greatest empires on the planet and were capable of pretty much anything.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
No because they converted to Islam, so they couldn't be enslaved by the Muslims since it's haraam to enslave another Muslim.

Anyone who debates this is just stupid. The Muslims conquered all of the greatest empires on the planet and were capable of pretty much anything.

Apart from the Arab slave trade, enslaving Somalis during the Atlantic slave trade was just not possible or inconvienient due to its location.

Lol i honestly beileve most Somalis would fight to the death before being enslaved during that period. We were well connected politically and fierce as a people.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Lol, if you're taking history lessons from these folks you already been lost.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
They wanna claim enslavement and racism to fit on with the oppression wave. Fact is Somalis benefitted from slaves and helped ship some.

why claim oppression when the struggles of your people should be more than enough shit for you to contend with? like we're suffering now. why do we need a central agency to blame?

i don't see others people playing this game, so i'm not sure why somalis get suckered into the xayawaanimo :kanyeshrug:

why claim oppression when the struggles of your people should be more than enough shit for you to contend with? like we're suffering now. why do we need a central agency to blame?

i don't see others people playing this game, so i'm not sure why somalis get suckered into the xayawaanimo :kanyeshrug:
These people doing this don't care about Somalis or Somalia. They've already switchef out Somali with African American or "property of colour" in their mind.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
These people doing this don't care about Somalis or Somalia. They've already switchef out Somali with African American or "property of colour" in their mind.

well i pay zero attention to america and i think most people should follow suit

their views on race and ethnicity make no sense, especially to minorities :idontlike:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Why are these people lying? I blame this on SJWs for spreading these false rumors. I bet these dumb asses can't tell the difference between colonization and enslavement. Somalis were never enslaved.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Why are these people lying? I blame this on SJWs for spreading these false rumors. I bet these dumb asses can't tell the difference between colonization and enslavement. Somalis were never enslaved.

To be fair in some parts of Africa they might as well have been the same thing.

But yeah we never suffered like others suffered and I find it disgraceful to those still living through those wounds.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis probably enslaved other Somalis on an individual basis. But there is no evidence that Somalis were exported en masse to foreign countries like they did with the Bantus.

All the Afro-Arabs in the Middle East only carry Bantu genes, they do not have any Somali ancestry whatsoever. This is strong evidence that Somalis weren't sold in the Middle East.

Someone needs to go to canada and slap these 2 in the video.

It's not even funny, people who know nothing about somali history should never be allowed to talk.

I can't even believe they tried saying Somalis were slaves!

Here is another one saying Somalis look the way they look because of a heavy mixing with Indians, Arabs, and the European colonizers.
According to this one Somalis should identify themselves as nothing else but black. How can the colour of the skin be the only identity for a people with history and traditions? What is black beside just being a colour?

Oh yeah, she leaves a souvenir at the end to cement the identity of Somalis.
Just go to 05:05 if you can't be bothered to watch the whole damn thing.

It's an extremely wicked mindset and a sad trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.