Somalis were mentally and physically enslaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The only primary sources we have (as in a first hand account from someone living at the time) confirms that they were
I always wondered how Bantus ended up in Somalia. But somehow thought the Italians brought them.

Somalis probably enslaved other Somalis on an individual basis. But there is no evidence that Somalis were exported en masse to foreign countries like they did with the Bantus.

All the Afro-Arabs in the Middle East only carry Bantu genes, they do not have any Somali ancestry whatsoever. This is strong evidence that Somalis weren't sold in the Middle East.

If you agree Somalis enslaved each other, what is so difficult in accepting they would sell them off to other groups?

Your contention assumes that males were allowed to produce offspring, which was generally not the case in the Arab slavetrade. The paternal haplotypes would have died off. That, of course, takes the notion that there is a genetic construct for what is a Somali, and the jury is still out on that one.

Here is another one saying Somalis look the way they look because of a heavy mixing with Indians, Arabs, and the European colonizers.
According to this one Somalis should identify themselves as nothing else but black. How can the colour of the skin be the only identity for a people with history and traditions? What is black beside just being a colour?

Oh yeah, she leaves a souvenir at the end to cement the identity of Somalis.
Just go to 05:05 if you can't be bothered to watch the whole damn thing.

It's an extremely wicked mindset and a sad trend.

They need to be stopped Wallahi.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
We did it along with a slew of other Africans and Arabs

We ain't taking this L alone

Arabs and Indians were also apparently relatively incompetent slave owners considering the revolts they had.

Apollo

VIP
If you agree Somalis enslaved each other, what is so difficult in accepting they would sell them off to other groups?

Your contention assumes that males were allowed to produce offspring, which was generally not the case in the Arab slavetrade. The paternal haplotypes would have died off. That, of course, takes the notion that there is a genetic construct for what is a Somali, and the jury is still out on that one.

There's Bantu autosomal admixture all over the place in the Arabian Peninsula. You don't need paternal descent for that. Bantu markers can be traced no matter what.

Somali ancestry is extremely rare to nonexistent in the Arabian Peninsula.

ugh i always see them on my recommended like? how do you block accounts? these people are delusional af. the struggle to be AA is real walahi

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
ugh i always see them on my recommended like? how do you block accounts? these people are delusional af. the struggle to be AA is real walahi

I'm not surprised they went down this route considering...

images

There's Bantu autosomal admixture all over the place in the Arabian Peninsula. You don't need paternal descent for that. Bantu markers can be traced no matter what.

Somali ancestry is extremely rare to nonexistent in the Arabian Peninsula.

That is still a weak scientific argument and you should know that. Abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence. Quite possible and reasonable that certain Somali haplotypes do not exist in the Arabian peninsula, though it cannot be ruled out as I don't think it was nearly as widespread as beesha's. Given how many Somali groups have a lineage going back to Southern and Northern Arabia, it is plausible these groups were lost in tge data and register as Arabians to you and others.

Furthermore, you agree that Somalis engaged in the practice of enslaving and selling each other. It is a rather exraordinary claim that requires supporting evidence that they did not sell them off to other groups as they did the rest of them.

Apollo

VIP
That is still a weak scientific argument and you should know that. Abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence. Quite possible and reasonable that certain Somali haplotypes do not exist in the Arabian peninsula, though it cannot be ruled out as I don't think it was nearly as widespread as beesha's. Given how many Somali groups have a lineage going back to Southern and Northern Arabia, it is plausible these groups were lost in tge data and register as Arabians to you and others.

Furthermore, you agree that Somalis engaged in the practice of enslaving and selling each other. It is a rather exraordinary claim that requires supporting evidence that they did not sell them off to other groups as they did the rest of them.

There is zero Somali ancestry in Arabian Peninsula.

All their African ancestry is either Sudanese or Swahili type Bantu.

Status
Not open for further replies.