Somaliweyn is necessary for Somalis to actually develop

attash

Amaan Duule
Somaliweyn is a joke just look at Somaliland who rejoined Somalia in 1960 and where did they take us? nowhere.
And where have you gotten with your "Somaliland"? 30 years of peace and you guys are still at the same level as the rest of Somalia in terms of development.

reer

VIP
@GemState somaliweyn would have like 5 rivers plus access to highalnds (could make billions from farming) with regular rainfall. and have those highlands as defense. :wow:

GemState

36/21
VIP
@GemState somaliweyn would have like 5 rivers plus access to highalnds (could make billions from farming) with regular rainfall. and have those highlands as defense. :wow:
It'd be like a Mauritaniax10. Would be a nice state and would be a lot more functional and efficient than Ethiopia.

Would be respectable.

Last edited:
And where have you gotten with your "Somaliland"? 30 years of peace and you guys are still at the same level as the rest of Somalia in terms of development.
We have been a beacon of peace and hope for the past 30 years. Yes I am aware there was war between ssc. But before that we been peace no al shabaab no piracy, no negative media stereotype. And we been developing since, just look at Hargeisa. And the only reason Somaliland aren't doing much investment or trade is because we aren't a separate country yet. If we were we would have surpassed most countries.

attash

Amaan Duule
We have been a beacon of peace and hope for the past 30 years. Yes I am aware there was war between ssc. But before that we been peace no al shabaab no piracy, no negative media stereotype. And we been developing since, just look at Hargeisa. And the only reason Somaliland aren't doing much investment or trade is because we aren't a separate country yet. If we were we would have surpassed most countries.
Nobody outside Somaliland considers the place a "beacon of peace and hope", there are other peaceful areas in Somalia. And if you've actually been to Hargeisa like I have, you would notice that it is not much different than other Somali cities like Garowe in terms of development. Even after 30 years of peace, Maroodi Jeex's HDI still hasn't surpassed that of Benaadir.

Nobody outside Somaliland considers the place a "beacon of peace and hope", there are other peaceful areas in Somalia. And if you've actually been to Hargeisa like I have, you would notice that it is not much different than other Somali cities like Garowe in terms of development. Even after 30 years of peace, Maroodi Jeex's HDI still hasn't surpassed that of Benaadir.
Should I pull reddit posts from ajanbis praising somaliland, youtube comment brutish mps? You seem a bit salty that Somaliland is now more known and known for only positive things. And Hargeisa and other areas in Somaliland is developing especially for a country that has no recognition.

attash

Amaan Duule
Should I pull reddit posts from ajanbis praising somaliland, youtube comment brutish mps? You seem a bit salty that Somaliland is now more known and known for only positive things. And Hargeisa and other areas in Somaliland is developing especially for a country that has no recognition.
Nobody cares about what ignorant ajaanib on the internet think 😂. I am talking about the reality of the territory's situation, which I have seen for myself many times.

The most peaceful area is Somalia is Puntland and it still has a Isis and piracy problem. Also is the main weapons smuggling hub for Al shabab. lol never compare Somaliland to anywhere in the failed state of Somalia lol.

attash

Amaan Duule
The most peaceful area is Somalia is Puntland and it still has a Isis and piracy problem. Also is the main weapons smuggling hub for Al Shabaab.
Piracy hasn’t been a thing since 2014, please try to keep up. Also, both Somaliland and Puntland have problems with Al kebab weapons smuggling, in fact there are more Somalilanders in Al kebab that puntlanders. The founders of this group literally came from Burco lmao.

. lol never compare Somaliland to anywhere in the failed state of Somalia lol.
Delusional take. I wonder if you “Somalilanders” have ever even been to the “country” you guys love to brag about.