Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

This is going to be the most valid opinion on here. Mixing is better to not do as if a family issue arises racism could also arise and division. Also there would be many cultural differences etc... Its better to have someone you can relate more to and have children that resemble you and your ancestors and have a people that back them.
Unexpected response 🤣

Sudanese dont look like us at all unless they are beja or some east african tribe. Have you see sudanese people? They are lightskin nigerians no offense

Sudan is a cross road. The eastern once fade into us genetically while the western Sudanese fade into other Sahelian groups from Chad etc. The northern Sidame fade into the southern Egyptians. The South Sudanese fade into the Nilotic groups further south in Uganda, Kenya.

No one is forcing anything. Sudan, Eritrea and Somalia has the same genetic continuity as Poland, Germany and Netherlands or Palestine, Syria and Jordan. If you can’t comprehend this much then I’m sorry 🤣
Levantine DNA clusters closer to whatever Somalis "share" with Sudanese which is almost neglible. Only Beja tribe shared ancestry component with the Somali population which is not a lot and not recent.

And arabs from Palestine, Syria, and Jordan share similar culture, food, history, etc. None of which we share with Sudanese. Stop forcing it.

Second and third generation Muslims are culturally “western” Muslims who adopt some, not all of their home culture. The importance of culture in marriage is over emphasised by the parents most of the times.

Don’t get me wrong-Culture has a place- but I don’t accept making it the end and be all. Would you want a hardworking, devout ajanabi Muslim to marry your daughter or a shiisha bathing, salah-abandoning farah?

Cultural proximity is only one facet to a good marriage. More and Middle class Muslims in the west from different communities will marry in the future and they’re more likely to have happier marriages than their parents. In other words, there is a actually a kind of western Muslim working class culture in the west which is shared by many communities.

Most of these cases of denying people marriage because of culture are most likely by narcissist parents who want to control their adult “children” or pure racism. When it’s black people trying to marry Asians or Arabs, we can assume most of it is driven by racism. They just hide it by saying they want their child to marry someone from their “culture”.

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
Sudan is a cross road. The eastern once fade into us genetically while the western Sudanese fade into other Sahelian groups from Chad etc. The northern Sidame fade into the southern Egyptians. The South Sudanese fade into the Nilotic groups further south in Uganda, Kenya.
I actually seen what north Sudanis look like in egypt. They have tribal marks on their faces and look straight out of africa. They look like they be singing and dancing mamasemamasamamakusa

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
No. Somalis don’t even cluster together, Somalis from Ethiopia cluster together, same with landers, Kenya Somalis, & Somalis from Somalia.
Sister you are a madow that has been sent as an affliction on the somali ummah.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I left out the Nigerian part because there are no Nigerians on this forum. :pachah1:

It’s obvious the mother wants Somali over a white girl. Go and argue with the mother.
The irony is the cadaan girl would likely be less prejudicial as would her family toward the Nigerians compared to Somalis. Let us not lie to ourselves. Also, Nigeria is a tribal-based society, and many of them prefer marrying within or to similar others.
:mjlol: I swear if Somalis were any lighter, they would have their Black card suspended and revoked. Be happy you are at most medium olive. I think @Laiis is going too hard with the "but they are racist and cadaan-loving" trope. Why wouldn't they prefer a hue or features similar to theirs? Also, let us not act like Syrians would universally accept others. That isn't true. Some highly emphasize Deen others don't. Some emphasize both Deen and shared culture or tribe/ethnicity. Some want someone who can assimilate into their group. Others don't care about shared culture or faith but have an aesthetic preference. It is up to them, and we shouldn't act like Western madow (men) begging everyone to marry them or exclaiming racism when it could be cultural and linguistic incompatibility. That's what happens when your frame of reference is always that of a victim. Also, we know that Somalis aren't fans of foreign-looking madows. Given their pastoralist background, they don't like to marry out as often. Imagine a criminal looking down on a fellow felon. They have no place to speak or complain because they, too, are insular, if not more.

Levantine DNA clusters closer to whatever Somalis "share" with Sudanese which is almost neglible. Only Beja tribe shared ancestry component with the Somali population which is not a lot and not recent.

And arabs from Palestine, Syria, and Jordan share similar culture, food, history, etc. None of which we share with Sudanese. Stop forcing it.
Beja are literally identical to Somalis with slight elevated Arabian input. Kulaha is not a lot that we share 🤣