Taliban continue ban on womens education

World

VIP
Yes, but when you classify something as sahih people will get the impression that the content itself is correct and that it’s something that has actually happened. Do you have any proof that he has made that distinction?
He labelled them weak narrations, the madhab exaggerate it, that it's strange the tafsir experts were fooled by believing them. And he himself believes that that there is no distinction to be made between muslim women awrah. Isnt that proof ?

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
Show me where I disparaged all the classical scholars? When I said there is a lot to discuss my point is, we can’t say that the Taliban don’t have a leg to stand on when they use scholarly opinion.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This isn’t about reformation nor am I casting aspersions on all the scholars. They’re human and will be rewarded for what they’re right in but it’s absurd to deny that some aspects with regards to women is very much influenced by 9th to 12th century norms and I as a woman are free to not follow what I’ve outlined. The Taliban didn’t just make it up.

oh ok, I did not see until just now what you put in the spoiler. well I don't think we should accept or reject a given view because some classical scholars held it- unless it's an ijma. but we have to take into account the evidence for the view.

we might find some views that we don't agree with. we can research these things, see where is the strongest evidence and make our case for what we agree with. what is right from the Islamic view will always be right morally. but throwing out or disparaging the classical tradition as a whole should be out of the question. if there was a scholar here or there who held an incorrect opinion, or even if an incorrect opinion became widespread, we can simply fight the incorrect opinion- but disparaging or throwing out the classical scholars as a whole, that can not even be considered. the din came to us through them. it would cast doubt on the entire transmission of the din.

From what I've heard, there is division amongst the Taliban themselves with regards to this issue. I could understand their concern if it was that the curiculum is secular but- I don't see why they can't have just implemented a new curiculum by now.

I think this has to do with the Deobandi school of thought and something to do with Pashtun culture. I don't believe Islam is against women's education, Prophet Muhammad ﷺ actually put a lot of effort into educating women.
It has to do with their unislamic backward pashton culture that despises women soon other communities won't stay quiet especially the Tajiks or persian khorsanies who would start armed rebellion getting the country to plunge into another civil war

Trending