This is just a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support keeping Somali scripts alive, but i'm skeptical of actually implementing them

And qabiil should be separated from things meant for all Somalis, which is what Isman intended with his script. If only Puntland adopts this script, in some capacity, it will limit it's pansomali appeal as it'll be seen as a PL-thing only from the outside, and will be hijacked as a Puntland only thing on the inside by qabilists/fanatics.

Nobody owns something that is dead.

I think you don't understand how divided Somalia is. The script was rejected because Qabil. With or without Latin Script it still hasn't changed the fact that the country is 65% illiterate.

It was Faarsomali but the word "Osmanya" has an MJ Connotation to it.

I'm just testing it in respect to the arts and seeing why certain websites won't code it.

Nobody owns something that is dead.

I think you don't understand how divided Somalia is. The script was rejected because Qabil. With or without Latin Script it still hasn't changed the fact that the country is 65% illiterate.

It was Faarsomali but the word "Osmanya" has an MJ Connotation to it.

I'm just testing it in respect to the arts and seeing why certain websites won't code it.
No, I know how petty Somalis can be due to qabiil, it's a shame really. But the Latin script did improve literacy as there was a whole literacy campaign situated around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.