thoughts on atheism

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
The belief in God is about knowing full well there Is a divine in the universe. Humans were always polytheistic and monotheistic in nature. They’d always follow the foot step of their ancestors and deem anything as divine or spiritual.
The desire for meaning in the meaningless is an innate human desire we look for faces and patterns in places there aren’t.

You think the most consistent phenomenon which is belief in a higher power which can be found in every civilisations from world powers to tiny bush people.

Is merely a coincidence? No we were designed to find meaning.

There is reason why when we live lives without meaning we tend to be less happier.
Religions are somewhat divided into lots of sects
You got monotheism, polytheism, Animism.
Humans would look at anything’s and conclude them as God, Gods or Goddess. Even the story of Abraham somewhat agrees with my points.
Stating: humans would always follow the footsteps of their ancestors with out thinking of their own free will. As an agnostic I ironically resonate with that. I’d rather follow my own free will in this lost world. Religion were designed to control your mind. On how to think and what to think. On how to act and act on accordingly.
Just because there is many conflicting theories about something doesn’t make the thing be theorised about not real.

For example the JFK assassination had many conspiracy theories arise from it. That doesn’t mean the assassination never took place its just there are many conflicting theories about it.

Things like polytheism or animism are just the working of shaytaan who promised to make mankind go astray.

I think your referencing this
Whenever someone tells them: "Follow what Allah (God) has sent down (the Quran);" they say: "Rather we will follow what we discovered our forefathers were doing," even though their forefathers did not use reason in any way nor were they guided.
You then later contradict yourself by saying religion is there to control your mind and stop you from thinking for yourself. Whilst the ayah you are qouting is talking negatively about people who dont think for themselves. Time and time Allah tells us to use our logical facilities to ponder on his words and signs.

You say “I’d rather follow my own free will in this lost world.”

This alone can take a whole page to break down like how do you even know you have a free will from an secular perspective? Everything in the universe is determined and all you are is just atoms interacting with each other on a set course.

Your own free will is basically you saying i will let my highest desires guide me through life. This is dangerous as chasing desires can take you down dark paths in life.

Either way I don’t wanna turn this into us sending each other essays back and forth so I’m just gonna say my final words.

Think to yourself and think why religious people tend to report a higher life satisfaction, give more to charity, have more children and overall just more better off in life.

I find atheists hard to engage with.

If religious folks at their worst are morally arrogant, then atheists at their worst are intellectually arrogant.

yyuusro

inactive RIP ~25/07/2024~
I feel like atheism is very easy way to get depressed if you read into nihilism. I feel like there is much more to my soul than to live once.

yyuusro

inactive RIP ~25/07/2024~
I’m a free man
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was guessing you also had some knowledge on the Near East history and ancient Akkadian myths and how the they’re compared to stories told in Genesis. But it’s only the flood of adam and the creation story that’s really similar to those myths and major differences were these myths were polytheistic and people claim a person re-wrote them in the biblical scripture to be more palatable for monotheistic beliefs.

Last edited:
Jeffrey Lang, whom was raised a Christian, was abused by his father for most of his childhood but the brunt of it was received by his mother.

As a child, after praying to god to deliver his mother from abuse, he decided to forsake god and became an atheist at 15.

In this lecture he delves into the Quran from a Christian and atheist perspective and how it delivered him from a certain path of destruction that he and his siblings were on.

He now leads a decent life as a Muslim, husband and father whom speaks well of his children.
His mom also found piece and happiness as a grandmother.

He has some decent lectures on university campus. But this one is my favourite of his, distils the Quran and reveals the qualities that appealed to him

Atheism, unlike Agnosticism or Deism isn't even rationally defensible. It's typically articulated as a form of naturalism, which is false since we know non-empirical categories like logic, ethics and numbers exist in reality.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
View attachment 335628
I think there are many degrees to people who left islam some did because they genuinely believe that they found a inconsistency within the religion, some did because they were barely raised a muslim, some leave because they want to follow their desires and some leave because self esteem issues.

But the worst type is the one who left because of their ego.

They are in the same camp as ibliis who saw god and yet he rejected. Why because he thought he knows better than god.
View attachment 335629

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
literally this girl. can't stand her
:jcoleno:

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
literally this girl. can't stand her
:jcoleno:
IMG_3514.jpeg

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
she's straight-up gaal and obsesses over Islam. if she stays gaal, may Allah make her infertile
:rejoice:
Yeah i just did a quick scroll through her page she isn’t dumb and many of her videos aren’t the simple dumb atheist talking points. She comes across many issues that gave me doubts like genetic determinism, evolution and such but i overcame them as they all have explanations.

I see much of my self in her videos as i had thoughts like these obviously from the male perspective.

I have come to this conclusion best said by C.S Lewis:
1721860305738.png

If god isn’t real then me living my life as a muslim is meaningless as billions have come before me and will come after me. Doing the same thing but atleast i will have life satisfaction as religious people tend to be happier. If god is real then my work payed off.
IMG_3367.jpeg
If she is an atheist she hasn’t taken the nihilism pill. She probably pre supposes she has free will and good and evil exist because if she understands what atheism is then moral judgements are meaningless.

We are all atoms predetermined and free will is an illusion sexism, racism, xenophobia and all the other ism are just bad because you think its bad but in an other society it can be a good thing because morality is subjective.

Cutting a child in half is simply rearranging atoms same way cutting a log in half is. There is no moral evil in that as a moral evil doesn’t exist as its a figment of the brain. You cant look at evil under a microscope like you can with bacteria.

I can get trapped and talk about this for hours so i will stop here.

May Allah SWT guide her.

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
I think they are of very low consciousness, probably close to soulless.

Atheists are the lowest of human hierarchy, but modern society is a lights out engulfed in darkness kind of place.
A man with no principles is not a man.