Singapore
Bali
Croatia
Kuala Lumpur
Japan
China

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
That was extremely ignorant and disgusting of you. Down syndrome is not a joke.

You joking? Because that holier than thou "let me speak for a group of people" shtick is perhaps the most sanctimonious shit I've come across online.

Let me make this clear to some of y'all: everything and anything can be joked about, aight? Anything. It only crosses the line if a malicious intent is discernible or if the speaker has a track record of belittling a group or community. Intent over discussion material every time.

Only pointing this out because that high horse shit is cringeworthy to no end. I can't discern a damn thing more sanctimonious than able bodied people getting offended for the disabled community. I mean the irony is just seething.

DiricLover

Qalanjo
You joking? Because that holier than thou "let me speak for a group of people" shtick is perhaps the most sanctimonious shit I've come across online.

Let me make this clear to some of y'all: everything and anything can be joked about, aight? Anything. It only crosses the line if a malicious intent is discernible or if the speaker has a track record of belittling a group or community. Intent over discussion material every time.

Only pointing this out because that high horse shit is cringeworthy to no end. I can't discern a damn thing more sanctimonious than able bodied people getting offended for the disabled community. I mean the irony is just seething.
Jesus bloody Christ mate what on earth are you talking about holiar than thou ku yeh.

You were very ignorant, end of.

What high horse shit? Please elaborate

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

I didnt understand half the shit u wrote :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Jesus bloody Christ mate what on earth are you talking about holiar than thou ku yeh.

You were very ignorant, end of.

What high horse shit? Please elaborate

Yeah you're not really arguing the point or even addressing my premise here. But essentially my argument boils down to two things: the "you can't joke about (insert tentative topic here)" argument you made, and the irony of you getting offended for a group of people you don't really belong to. Now that argument in and of itself is based on the idea that this community requires people to be offended on their behalf (i.e. you saying it was ignorant) as if they're lowly and vulnerable individuals rather than citizens with actual dignity capable of handling ribbings and jokes like the rest of us. You're speaking for a group and dictating the conversation between two fully able bodied people without their input in the slightest.

Hence the irony. Now I feel you, but you gotta understand the undertones here. People with down syndrome aren't this cluster of people who need rescuing. They're proud individuals and many achieve long lasting success. They don't need some 20 something year old Somalis to get offended for them or dictate what joke can said to them. They are more than capable of doing that themselves.

That's the holier than thou part. You're free to dislike the joke or say it's crap, you are not however entitled to say it ain't a joking matter.

How are Black(Somali) people treated in Turkey, Holland, Germany, Italy and Russia? Experiences? I want to travel to these nations

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I feel you

Sanctimonious basically means you're trying to establish moral superiority. And discern is just a cross between recognition and distinction. To recognize something basically. Point it out.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
California
New York City
Buffalo
Atlanta
Texas
Ohio
Seattle
Arizona
D.C
Canada
Netherlands
France
Belgium
Italy
Spain
Kenya
Ethiopia
UAE
Puntland
Djibouti

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Damn you've been everywhere.

Any south American countries you wanna see?

Gibiin-Udug

Damn you've been everywhere.

Any south American countries you wanna see?
Was that directed at me or Yannie?

No I haven't been to South America. But I'm planning a trip to Argentina, Portugal, Brazil and Cuba I. 2018 inshallah. 4 months trip.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
At you. I should have quoted.

Yeah I wanna see Argentina and Uruguay too. Brazil not so much.

Gibiin-Udug

I'm lowkey scared to go to Brazil but I'm going to get brave and explore.
I'm excited for Cuba though!!!!

DiricLover

Qalanjo
Yeah you're not really arguing the point or even addressing my premise here. But essentially my argument boils down to two things: the "you can't joke about (insert tentative topic here)" argument you made, and the irony of you getting offended for a group of people you don't really belong to. Now that argument in and of itself is based on the idea that this community requires people to be offended on their behalf (i.e. you saying it was ignorant) as if they're lowly and vulnerable individuals rather than citizens with actual dignity capable of handling ribbings and jokes like the rest of us. You're speaking for a group and dictating the conversation between two fully able bodied people without their input in the slightest.

Hence the irony. Now I feel you, but you gotta understand the undertones here. People with down syndrome aren't this cluster of people who need rescuing. They're proud individuals and many achieve long lasting success. They don't need some 20 something year old Somalis to get offended for them or dictate what joke can said to them. They are more than capable of doing that themselves.

That's the holier than thou part. You're free to dislike the joke or say it's crap, you are not however entitled to say it ain't a joking matter.
I understand where you're coming from. Like you said I don't essentially 'belong' to them however I do work with them very closely and honestly they are the most intellectual, funny and happy bunch of people I've ever met so excuse me for getting defensive 'for' them even though they don't need defending because they are more than capable to do that themselves. With that being said there is no one who has down syndrome on this forum so they can't actually 'defend' one self so u shouldn't have made that comment regardless. Nabadgelyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending