Tribal elder advises the father of Luul to forgive her killer and give him another wife.

Usually I don’t trust what that twitter user posts but i watched the video and this man Suldaan Hooley advises the father of Luul Abdelazizz to forgive the killer and give his other daughter to the man who killed Luul.

I can’t believe this man was given a platform on some sort of Somali channel and is spouting this. You can fight me on this and much as you want, but Somali society is incredibly misogynistic. The lives of women aren’t valued and this man has such little value for women that he’ll advise that a grieving father forgive the man that burnt his daughter alive and in fact give him another daughter to potentially kill.

And before you argue with me and say it’s ’one man’ it’s been several and they’re been vocal.

Last edited:

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba

Usually I don’t trust what that twitter user posts but i watched the video and this man Suldaan Hooley advises the father of Luul Abdelazizz to forgive the killer and give his other daughter to the man who killed Luul.

I can’t believe this man was given a platform on some sort of Somali channel and is spouting this. You can fight me on this and much as you want, but Somali society is incredibly misogynistic. The lives of women aren’t valued and this man has such little value for women that he’ll advise that a greedy father forgive the man that burnt his daughter alive and in fact give him another daughter to potentially kill.

And before you argue with me and say it’s ’one man’ it’s been several and they’re been vocal.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It’s misogyny mixed with heavy tribalism don’t leave out that element it plays a part
It’s more misogyny. There was this Habr Gadir man that said he’d trade his sister with Sheikhal and that they can marry her and Burn her for all he cares.

Isn’t his sister part of Habr Gidir? Or is that just reserved for men? Somali men have said for decades women have no qabil and they’ve used the most vile proverb to drum home that view.

So yes, it’s mostly misogyny because a Habr Digir women’s life isn’t as worthwhile as that of the men of her tribe and that man offering his own sister in exchange is a glaring example.

Another example, that odey whom I posted would never suggest that Luul’s father to sinply forgive and forget and even give his other child away if it was a son. The gravity of the murder would be acknowledged.

Bari

Garabsare
Why are we calling Hooley a tribal elder, the bloke is a striaght up troll and has no traditional title.

Bari

Garabsare
It’s more misogyny. There was this Habr Gadir man that said he’d trade his sister with Sheikhal and that they can marry her and Burn her for all he cares.

Isn’t his sister part of Habr Gidir? Or is that just reserved for men? Somali men have said for decades women have no qabil and they’ve used the most vile proverb to drum home that view.

So yes, it’s mostly misogyny because a Habr Digir women’s life isn’t as worthwhile as that of the men of her tribe and that man offering his own sister in exchange is a glaring example.

Another example, that odey whom I posted would never suggest that Luul’s father to sinply forgive and forget and even give his other child away if it was a son. The gravity of the murder would be acknowledged.
The usual suspects

Somali misogyny is not discussed enough. Of course this varies depending on nuclear families and so forth.

I think we underestimate how many of them really act like women are lesser beings. The only saving grace Somali women have, is that they are forced to work and thus, have the ability to survive without a man. I think Somali diaspora women should band together and find ways to fund Somali girl education and small business loans. The more freedom Somali girls/women have, the less control these monsters have. Less chance of reproductive abuse, less chance of marrying a man for money etc.

But first, awareness must be raised. There are diasporan women, with amazing fathers, who have no idea how sick they can be back home.

Suldan hooley isn't actually a tribal elder. He is a internet troll/meme. Wouldn't take him more serious than xaaji dabacasar. Sayid Cali will be capitally punished very soon. It's a finished case.

Jungle

VIP

I can’t believe this man was given a platform on some sort of Somali channel and is spouting this. You can fight me on this and much as you want, but Somali society is incredibly misogynistic. The lives of women aren’t valued and this man has such little value for women that he’ll advise that a greedy father forgive the man that burnt his daughter alive and in fact give him another daughter to potentially kill.

Hooleey was released from custody recently after a 4 month stay in jail

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...-burned-his-wife-to-death.163642/post-4150222

The grandfather to her children also spoke like he has any say in this. The family is being abused by certain group of people.

I think you got me confused with someone else what are you even talking about 🤦‍♂️ do you just throw out accusations randomly

I stand corrected, it was @_Yusuf_ and @Hilmaam, but you did not correct them either. So, what does silence mean in the face of misogyny? Approval, or you simply don't care.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 12.33.02.png

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Hes not a real tribal elder but a grifter and known as a joke across social media. He doesnt represent no one but himself.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I use to glamorize moving back home until I got humbled by the rampant misogyny masked as deen and dhaqan there. You inherent worth is diminished to your "womanhood". Don't get me wrong, I love love being a woman but imagine your own people treating you second class and denying you your human rights which men easily get.

I know diaspora women who went to volunteer back home. I have stories. You can be more knowledgeable, wiser, and experienced in a certain field . They will resent you for that, try to humble you while also wanting to exploit your skills. You will be paid peanuts, compared to the lazy mouth breathing male coworker who is 3 times divorcee and a khat chewer. Do not work in the government or volunteer ngo's if you are an educated somali woman. You will be a passive enabler to these misogynist by filling their pockets with the opportunities you CREATED and they will use the money to create more dysfunction and ruin more women and girls lives.

Somalia will never prosper as long as the men continue these injustices against women and girls..

Comedy Central GIF by Another Period

This is why Somalia is in the state it is in. There is no justice.

What even shocked me more was to see women protesting and defending Sayd Ali due to being the same tribe/ related to him. Why would you defend someone who killed a woman in such a cruel way. Putting tribe over woman's rights is crazy.