UK's ITV news becomes 1st Western media 2 raise the alarm on the drought in Somalia(reporter Somali)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

that the separatist Omar Rage reporting from Hargeisa.

The other day he went ballistic on twitter over the inclusion of Gen Morgan in the Somali Presidential inauguration.

it was raining in toronto today. i used to hate the very sight of rain and would rather stay home on those days, but today i was nothing but grateful. My thoughts are with the people back home.

i urge you guys to donate, but make sure you KNOW where the oney goes. apparently some of the go fund mes pocket the cash.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
it was raining in toronto today. i used to hate the very sight of rain and would rather stay home on those days, but today i was nothing but grateful. My thoughts are with the people back home.

i urge you guys to donate, but make sure you KNOW where the oney goes. apparently some of the go fund mes pocket the cash.

I wish I was that rain that was dropping on your sensitive body parts. Some drops went through. Perhaps down into the glorious oasis. :cosbyhmm:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
my mom's handling our family's donation

a couple of pay checks on my end and a few from aunts and uncles in north america

hopefully we gather a couple gs and send it all back

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
What is the expected rainy season supposed to be like? It's next month I believe. @Thegoodshepherd

It is shocking to see the extent of drought in a relatively well watered place like Woqoyie Galbeed. Somalia is in a downward spiral and it does not seem lie the world cares this time around, only 6.5% of the UN's request is funded!

yNPh4FX.png

Food prices are likely to spike further in the coming months, as an earlier than usual stock depletion will be compounded by poor Gu 2017 forecast. Pasture shortages have led to a deterioration of livestock body conditions. Livestock prices declined by up to 60 per cent compared to one year ago. Declining livestock prices and increasing cereal prices have sharply depleted the terms of trade for pastoralists over the past 12 months.
http://reliefweb.int/report/somalia/humanitarian-bulletin-somalia-february-2017-issued-7-march-2017

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Somalis send over a billion dollars in remittances from America alone iirc, surely the diaspora can raise a similar amount.

Edit- from the entire world actually, but you get my point.

waraabe

Your superior
there needs to be a serious discussion now. Next year there will be droughts and the year after there will also be droughts. You can't keep begging money from other nations

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Today I read a fb status of a very educated and accomplished friend of mine who said that 3 years ago the UN environmental agency warned Somali governments ( all the admis) to be prepared for a horrific drought. Guess what these so called leaders did ? They say back and just watched it to get to this point.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Somalis send over a billion dollars in remittances from America alone iirc, surely the diaspora can raise a similar amount.

Edit- from the entire world actually, but you get my point.

I have come to conclusion that the whole thing is an exercise in futility. The problem is one of fertility and birth rates. These people will keep having kids and will watch them die every 5 years. It is almost as if they are not aware that they are stuck and that the only way to move forward is to stop having babies. Malnourished women are having babies that are severely mentally retarded and that die by the time they are 2 years old. You think you can help, but it is entirely pointless. The population is growing by 400K, Somalia is adding a Nugaal to its population every year, it is a runaway train. Only watch and weep.

:bell::friendhug:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Uncle Tom Rage Omar is cancelled. How dare he try to oust Somaliland independence agenda while Somalis are literally dying.
He should have raised awareness for all Somali regions. Truly utterly disgusting.

IMG_6460.JPG

Look at this Saudi bride she donated her wedding 's money to Djibouti. The lady and her husband went to village in Djibouti bought generator for the school, dig well and made water supply line reach every home in the village. Learn from her Somalis.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I have come to conclusion that the whole thing is an exercise in futility. The problem is one of fertility and birth rates. These people will keep having kids and will watch them die every 5 years. It is almost as if they are not aware that they are stuck and that the only way to move forward is to stop having babies. Malnourished women are having babies that are severely mentally retarded and that die by the time they are 2 years old. You think you can help, but it is entirely pointless. The population is growing by 400K, Somalia is adding a Nugaal to its population every year, it is a runaway train. Only watch and weep.

:bell::friendhug:

That's horrifying.

:jcoleno:

And yet bring up birth control and family planning and be branded a kaffir fighting against the will of God

waraabe

Your superior
Uncle Tom Rage Omar is cancelled. How dare he try to oust Somaliland independence agenda while Somalis are literally dying.
He should have raised awareness for all Somali regions. Truly utterly disgusting.

Why don't ayan hirsi do the same for you guys? Stop crying after us all the time

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
View attachment 14075

Look at this Saudi bride she donated her wedding 's money to Djibouti. The lady and her husband went to village in Djibouti bought generator for the school, dig well and made water supply line reach every home in the village. Learn from her Somalis.

Good on her, but it kills me to see us always looking for donations.

:meleshame:

When will we be the ones doing the donating

:meleshame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending