Went to a reer xamar wedding yesterday lmao guess what

Historically reer Gibil Cad were normally fine with marrying ethnic Somalis and their fellow Benadiri Gibil Madows as far as I know. Our own @HiraanBorn is partly the result of such a relatively recent union
This is partially true. Historically Gibil Cad Benadiris were OK with their men marrying women from other darker Banadiris and even Somalis but when it comes to their daughter being married by Somalis or Darker Banadiris it was considered a red line as was the case in Barawe. Of course, exceptions always exist but the point is that it was not the rule.

I assume @HiraanBorn is paternally Benadiri and his mom is ethnic Somali.

But as of recently Saleban Hawiye clan were holding the cadcads who remained in Xamar as pawns, marrying their daughters and taking their property(co-owning) in return of unreliable protection

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I'm actually glad they're mainly extinct in Somalia. I would rather have bantus in Somalia anyday.I Mac sonkor. Let them all.mix out. Like they benefited us to begin with.
It’s quite ironic how hateful you are yet you constantly whine about how Somalis are hated by others.

Aren’t you from the North? There are hardly any Cadcads there so your hatred is nonsensical.

This is partially true. Historically Gibil Cad Benadiris were OK with their men marrying women from other darker Banadiris and even Somalis but when it comes to their daughter being married by Somalis or Darker Banadiris it was considered a red line as was the case in Barawe. Of course, exceptions always exist but the point is that it was not the rule.

I assume @HiraanBorn is paternally Benadiri and his mom is ethnic Somali.

But as of recently Saleban Hawiye clan were holding the cadcads who remained in Xamar as pawns, marrying their daughters and taking their property(co-owning) in return of unreliable protection
*They didn't marry they took them by force

BTW @World who are those brothers that even went up to the brothers to cut ties. Do they even claim somali or have any friends?? that's extremely weird. They might be jealous/hreatened by ethnic somali men. Ever thought of that? I don't think that family have any like towards somalis in their bone. They're only in the community to benefit themselves.

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
Somalis in Somalia are the biggest skin bleachers in the world. Forget about girls, even the guys are bleaching their skin. Such a self hating people:susp:
Sources:

Trust me bro 😂

Bruv your people use battery acid to bleach 💀 sit down 😂

Careful bruv, your insecurities are showing.

Last edited:
I kind of get their beef with Somalis.

Somalida waa dad waalan who will ethnically cleanse each other and get married to each other, during these ethnic cleansing campaigns. There is no other ethnic group on earth that murders each other and marries each other, at the same time, at such a rate.

These people, don't take part in these activities and are probably baffled. Plus, they have other dhiig in them and probably don't have the same pull towards Somalis as we do.

The ones here in xamar just act normal imo. They woman are maried to somali men all the time. I think by now they are extinct as group atleast 80% of them are not just look like typical ethnic somali

mrlog

VIP
This reer Xamar girl in her mid 20s got married to a madow revert 5 years younger, her family were upset but they accepted it.

But guess what, her daughter wanted to marry an ethnic somali guy (isaaq) 2 years ago who was an engineer, with a degree, a bit older than her, and her family almost disowned her and her brothers went and confronted him and forced him to cut ties with their sister.

Is this normal? Why do reer xamars have so much enmity towards Somalis to the point they prefer their daughters to marry a guy who is much younger, with a gaal family, not educated, over an older educated settled somali? At the wedding the mother looked pissed off 🤣🤣 some of the groom’s family were drinking alcohol there as well. Mac sonkor.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Reer xamar folks I grew up around all married young and was setup by family. They either married someone reer xamar in America or UK family knew. Second option was they went home to Kenya Somalia or Tanzania to marry family connection. Don’t remember single one passing 24 before family set something up. I thought it was silly when I was in highschool seeing people marrying before going or finishing colllege but now see wisdom west is crazy place

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Somalis in Somalia are the biggest skin bleachers in the world. Forget about girls, even the guys are bleaching their skin. Such a self hating people:susp:
Somalis mostly marry Somalis and value the culture. Look at races like Asians that worship ground cadaan walk on and whose women flock to cadaan men in west that’s self hate walk around Seattle or tech hubs u will see

There is some truth to the bleaching and certain features being sought but happens all over world with toxic idolizing and constant advertising. People modifying features all over world

I don't blame them. They got brutalized in the civil war by and their girls were forcefully divorced from thier husband's and mass-married during the civil war by Hawiye like some war booty. I would pissed if I was in their shoes and deny being Somali as well.

That being said, they were always a closed off community practicing arranged marriages from young age.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
On a different note, nearly every single non-fob reer xamar guy I've ever known was a real street nigga knee deep in the trenches :icon lol:

I always found that very strange, I thought they were a sort of clerical class historically :icon lol:

During successive civil governments and military dictatorship of Afweyne they were better off than average Somali. A significant proportion of Reer Xamar and Bandaris were merchandise traders. They were overrepresented in civil service, fairly wealthy and educated community who had their own cuisine that influenced Somali kitchen in the south. Even back than they would mostly marry from eachother or other minorities. At present they lost their special affluent position and become 0.5 dependent entirely on Hawiye in Mogadishu and beyond.

Honestly they were great addition to Somalia as a whole we did them dirty. Average Hawiye Moryaan was looking at them like some exotic prized award fetishizing and eventually forcefully integrating them into their families. I always have second thoughts when I look at 30 y/o Hawiye with a minority mother, at the back of my head trying to figure if he's the offspring of 1990s Moryaan Jahilya days.

Trending

Latest posts