What countries do your extended family live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Because of the Somali civil war we have a large diaspora. I was just thinking and noticed that all but just 2 out of my 25 uncles/aunts (& their kids) live in Somalia. :icon lol:

Use this tool to show where they live:
https://www.amcharts.com/visited_countries/#

Mine:
UlIDRMp.jpg

Apollo

VIP
Nomads in the bush.

Damn, I don't have any nomad relatives left. All are ''modernized''. 92% live outside of Somalia.... Lol, imagine if this applied to Somalia as a whole. It would go from 10 million people to 800 thousand people. Haha, whole country gone.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Ukraine and China, wtf are they doing there? Students or permanent residents?
In China a mix of two, the ones in Ukraine are students but they've been there for quite some time now so I'm not really sure
what their plans are. Relatives in the US, UK, Canada and Australia area given from the looks of it.

Damn, I don't have any nomad relatives. All are ''modernized''. 92% live outside of Somalia.... Lol, imagine if this applied to Somalia as whole. It would go from 10 million people to 800 thousand people. Haha, whole country gone.

Were they nomads before the war?

Somalia would be almost empty if they were all able to leave. I only know one Somali who doesn't want to leave. My grandmother refused to come move with us before the war and during the war because she didn't want to live with gaalo.

Somalis aren't principled like that these days.

Nope, they were all urbanized and lived in Baidoa and Mogadishu before the war happened. When the war happened, all left, and the two who remained went back to Puntland.

The window of opportunity for migration is closing for Somalis. In a decade from now I expect refugee claims from Somalia to be considered as invalid like they do with Kenyans.

Djiboutians and Eritreans have a higher refugee recognition rate than Somalis and those are peaceful countries.

When peace does arrive, I'm sure the government will become totalitarian and authoritarian.

Somali refugees will exist for a couple of generations

Apollo

VIP
Djiboutians and Eritreans have a higher refugee recognition rate than Somalis and those are peaceful countries.
When peace does arrive, I'm sure the government will become totalitarian and authoritarian.
Somali refugees will exist for a couple of generations
Djibouti does not have a high asylee recognition rate. Only under exceptional conditions will you get it if you are from Djibouti. Most Djiboutians in the West officially claim to be from South Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending