What has qabyalaad done for you?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
My adeer in the government paid for my PS3, I will never forget this noble action
Proud Mama Africa GIF by CAF

Putting aside emotional attachments, what does your qabil mean to you?
The way some niggas ride hard for qabils you would think. It mowed the lawn for them, increased their net worth to 5 Billion, made them taller, grew their hair, gave them magic powers…

Internet Nomad

✪͓̽W͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽t͓͓̽̽e͓͓̽̽r͓̽ ͓̽A͓͓̽̽r͓͓̽̽c͓̽✪͓̽
Robbed me from a nation. Destroyed and seprated my people. So much that they will laugh at the genocides that are happening amongst their own FUCKING ETHNICITY!!!!.

Qabylaad leaves me behind once I log off this website and go back to my 21st century affairs tbh so outside of my dad bringing up fiqi cumar and other stuff here and there, it’s nonexistent

Nothing really. Especially because my qaraabo and people from my Qabiil are the least qabiilist clan I know.

They don't give you extra benefits for being form them, they treat me the same - as nicely as they would treat another girl from another somali clan.

I never grew up with qabiil being born in the West, however others taught me to learn more about my qabiil as every where I would go sisters would always bring it up and praise themselves.

How can I get told i don't look like my tribe i look like theirs? 😂😂😂 Waan yaabi jiray!

Attributing certain features to their tribe only.

Anyway nothing really ✌

Putting aside emotional attachments, what does your qabil mean to you?
Perhaps we could draw a distinction between 'qabiil', and 'qabyaalad'; 'qabiil' is one's identity, which brings a great deal of goodies, as intended, whereas 'qabyaalad' is its evil offshot, which breeds wickedness.

By all means, one must know whence one comes, for if one knows not as to whom one is, one is bound to be lost, if doomed, but beware of its evil sibling.

Perhaps we could draw a distinction between 'qabiil', and 'qabyaalad'; 'qabiil' is one's identity, which brings a great deal of goodies, as intended, whereas 'qabyaalad' is its evil offshot, which breeds wickedness.

By all means, one must know whence one comes, for if one knows not as to whom one is, one is bound to be lost, if doomed, but beware of its evil sibling.
Identity and even acting in your groups interest is desirable, the problem lies with group-think: am I to blindly follow the leader(s) without critical thought? For most yes, the threat of being ostracized coupled with the love of the groups achievements and the personal gain therein is enough of an incentive to do the collectives bidding.
The seemingly obvious solution would be to teach people to think for themselves, but in doing so the groups focus would be dispersed and nothing would get done as everyone (to varying degrees) has inherent selfish motivations.
The only long lasting solution is through God and in the perceptive absence of God to strive towards the ideal in all areas of your life ().

to the doomers ;')

Identity and even acting in your groups interest is desirable, the problem lies with group-think: am I to blindly follow the leader(s) without critical thought?
The ideal is to make leaders of those wisest amongst us, and to prevent toxic delineation from that which meets not, nor advances the public interest. A tall order, I agree, but one could wish for the optimal.

The only long lasting solution is through God and in the perceptive absence of God to strive towards the ideal in all areas of your life
Hear hear.

Do y'all ever realise the patterns in my post
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You’re not buddy, “lol”.

They are advocating for a return to “tradition” and wrap their soap-box speeches in various idealism and fervent talk of a utopian society, a neo-feudal ideology that attempted to disenfranchise the newly liberated(?) peasantry through their own volition. A fascist’s pursuit of the ideal is extremely volatile due to the nature of the spiritual current which underpins his philosophy, it requires constant consumption (destruction) until the unavoidable unconscious act of self-immolation. Their destruction is amplified with the inevitable malthusian outlook which they develop; “blood and soil” morphs into blood and spoils and then blood, crudely, just blood.

There is no reason for you as a Somali to entertain these ideas, feudalistic societies are a foreign concept and more importantly a uniquely indo-european experience. If you want a more comprehensive and totalising belief system thats closer to home look towards Islam: The perfect is God the ideal men the prophets, in pursuit of this neatly defined perfection you only stand to profit with the added benefit of not falling into the trap that is malthusianism. In other words with a strictly monotheistic doctrinal code, such as Islam, the glass is always half full and the grass greener.

Last edited:

Trending