What was your biggest experience of “culture shock” in another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
A bluff you say? kkk you’re an expert
I always wonder wherrw did you study these things
You should just become a historian

I'm not an expert, I just like history, but its just a hobby of mine, I cannot help the people of Somalia with that, however, becoming someone whos an expert in the field of agronomy, now that will be very useful.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
I'm not an expert, I just like history, but its just a hobby of mine, I cannot help the people of Somalia with that, however, becoming someone whos an expert in the field of agronomy, now that will be very useful.
What do you know about Yemen bro ? Would you like to go there Someday

Merchant of Mogadishu

What do you know about Yemen bro ? Would you like to go there Someday

Yes, Yemen is a historical gold mine, I would love to visit there one day, once this terrible war ends and peace and prosperity returns.

Yemen is the home of the once powerful Saba and Himyar, it was invaded by Axum and the Sassanid Persians until coming into the fold of Islam.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
Yes, Yemen is a historical gold mine, I would love to visit there one day, once this terrible war ends and peace and prosperity returns.

Yemen is the home of the once powerful Saba and Himyar, it was invaded by Axum and the Sassanid Persians until coming into the fold of Islam.
Saba ? Is that the sabeans?

@Idil-Beydaan it is your turn tell us about your culture shocks but no Birmingham culture shocks :nahgirl:
Lol
You want to hear more about Birmingham you say? Why didn’t you just say so :pachah1:
What can I tell you
Dirty roads and areas
When I say dirty, I mean that some part of Brum are easily comparable to eastleigh
Wallahi al cadiim
What suprised me about this city are
Prepaid utility meters
An entire little Mogadishu with somali businesses and restaurants ( very nice isn’t it)
How somalis are concentrated in one area
During my time here, I lived in a council flats neighbourhood and I met so many damn drunken somalis. Fobs I tell you not even second gen. you’d see them past six on the lifts all intoxicated with a slurred speech
And they’re
Swallaamu alewkuum
Adeero -breathes heavily- magacaaa
Nambar ma heysataaa
Alla adeero quruxley
And during all of that you have to make sure not to make eye contacts with them
The first day I moved in this neighbourhood A guy offered to help
And i was like how chivalrous
He suddenly said salama alaykum at the top of his lungs
My mothers face suddenly changed her face she flushed red with anger when I responded to him
And then suddenly there was a strong reek of alcohol
First time I saw drunk somalis
There’s also mices in Somali areas
They’re rodent infested
But the ummah is stronger here
We are not all segregated
We have this Eid prayer event that attracts 100000 muslims across the uk
Over here you’ll meet somalis eritereans sudanis arabs yemenis asians and we all get along

Merchant of Mogadishu

Lol
You want to hear more about Birmingham you say? Why didn’t you just say so :pachah1:
What can I tell you
Dirty roads and areas
When I say dirty, I mean that some part of Brum are easily comparable to eastleigh
Wallahi al cadiim
Prepaid utility meters
An entire little Mogadishu with somali businesses and restaurants ( very nice isn’t it)
During my time here, I lived in a council flats neighbourhood and I met so many damn drunken somalis. Fobs I tell you not even second gen. you’d see them past six on the lifts all intoxicated with a slurred speech
And they’re
Swallaamu alewkuum
Nambar ma heysataaa
Alla adeero quruxley
The first day I moved in this neighbourhood A guy offered tk help
My mothers face suddenly changed her face she flushed red with anger when I responded to him
They’re rodent infested
Over here you’ll meet somalis eritereans sudanis arabas yemenis asians and we all get along

You've described Birmingham perfectly abaayo. I'm guessing you live in a Somali area. I'm with the Asians.

Also, have you noticed the great increase of homeless people in the city. They are everywhere.

I cant wait to leave this West Midland dump.

Axum?
Wasn’t that an Ethiopian empire
Are you saying Yemen was invaded by eithopians

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Lol
What can I tell you
Dirty roads and areas
Wallahi al cadiim
Prepaid utility meters
And they’re
Swallaamu alewkuum
Nambar ma heysataaa
Alla adeero quruxley
The first day I moved in this neighbourhood A guy offered tk help
They’re rodent infested
Over here you’ll meet somalis eritereans sudanis arabas yemenis asians and we all get along

I know Birmingham is a shit place to live

Nambar ma heysataaa
Alla adeero quruxley

All the more reasons i am asking your hand from your parents

:ulyin::salute:
:trumpsmirk:

I know Birmingham is a shit place to live

All the more reasons i am asking your hand from your parents

:ulyin::salute:
:trumpsmirk:
Lool
Not anymore saxib I moved to an asian predomiant area and I don’t live on those dreadful tower blocks anymore. Asians are actually nice, yes some are a bit racist but it’s ok no need of you. No thanks

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Lol
What can I tell you
Dirty roads and areas
Wallahi al cadiim
Prepaid utility meters
And they’re
Swallaamu alewkuum
Nambar ma heysataaa
Alla adeero quruxley
The first day I moved in this neighbourhood A guy offered to help
They’re rodent infested
Over here you’ll meet somalis eritereans sudanis arabs yemenis asians and we all get along

My cousin and his wife came from netherland and used to live there thank God they've escaped from that shithole and left for America the land of the free and home of the brave
:salute:

You've described Birmingham perfectly abaayo. I'm guessing you live in a Somali area. I'm with the Asians.

Also, have you noticed the great increase of homeless people in the city. They are everywhere.

I cant wait to leave this West Midland dump.
Yes and that’s very sad
Imagine being homeless in this weather
The homeless are here because of the housing crisis
And the places where they are to be housed are being sold to professionals that are leaving London and gentrifyng this city. Have you seen how much the city centre has changed in the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts