What was your biggest experience of “culture shock” in another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Yes and that’s very sad
Imagine being homeless in this weather
The homeless are here because of the housing crisis
And the places where they are to be housed are being sold to professionals that are leaving London and gentrifyng this city. Have you seen how much the city centre has changed in the past few years.

Why do Somalis like to live in one place and segregate themselves?

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Yes and that’s very sad
Imagine being homeless in this weather
The homeless are here because of the housing crisis
And the places where they are to be housed are being sold to professionals that are leaving London and gentrifyng this city. Have you seen how much the city centre has changed in the past few years.

Yeah town has completely changed, for the better I suppose since it makes the place look better, but at what cost? Also it seems the council doesn't know how to spend its money properly. They are currently building a new cycling road from Birchfield Rd. No one is going to be using that.

Why do Somalis like to live in one place and segregate themselves?
I don’t know
That’s the biggest problem UK Somalis have
The worst thing is that the areas they settle in are the worst
Like the highest crime rates
The worst school
Awful houses
And that strengthens the views of the far right

Yeah town has completely changed, for the better I suppose since it makes the place look better, but at what cost? Also it seems the council doesn't know how to spend its money properly. They are currently building a new cycling road from Birchfield Rd. No one is going to be using that.
I know
They want to make the city more appealing
But they are diverting money from other important things.
The beautiful Library in which they spent 100 of millions of pound is only wholly open till 5pm 6 days a week because of cuts. The council is in loads of debt right know. And Birmingham is hosting the 2020 Commonwealth games.
But the city’s attracting lots of investors that’s a good thing

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words

Waryaahe i thought you lived in white suburban neighborhood, you live in that shithole called Birmingham?
:susp:

Merchant of Mogadishu

I know
They want to make the city more appealing
But they are diverting money from other important things.
The beautiful Library in which they spent 100 of millions of pound is only wholly open till 5pm 6 days a week because of cuts. The council is in loads of debt right know. And Birmingham is hosting the 2020 Commonwealth games.
But the city’s attracting lots of investors that’s a good thing

I just hope I wont be there much longer, I've lived in that dump for far too long.

DRACO

VIP
Going to wales and discovering they speak another language called Welsh, and road signs are written in gibberish Welsh and English .

Ugh the place is a mess, just speak English and be loyal subjects to the Her Majesty the queen.

Merchant of Mogadishu

Going to wales and discovering they speak another language called Welsh, and road signs are written in gibberish Welsh and English .

Ugh the place is a mess, just speak English and be loyal subjects to the Her Majesty the queen.

Damn, you sound like a British imperialist.

tumblr_ovgalhG5br1wz37gso1_500.jpg

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
Turkey : Everyone thought I was french?? Apparently alot of black tourists go to Bodrum. Turkish guys are really forward and not shy at all, it was annoying at first but it makes good conversation at times.

Scotland : PEOPLE ARE TOO NICE (Canada no.2). You could be freezing with frostbite on your toes and they'll tell you it's actually good weather today .

Dubai : Been there twice and once was more than enough. If you don't like shopping do bother yourself.

Italy : Surprisingly a lot of stares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts