Whats in your bucket list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Their actually at triple that. At around 325k according to Elon himself on twitter. And this is just phase 1. All we know is basic specs and how the exterior looks. The HUD and all that good stuff is yet to be developed and finalized for production. These orders have surpassed Tesla's expected demand by tenfolds. Just goes to show how thirsty everyone is for a cheap, sexy and powerful electric car. I know i already mentioned it but the much higher than expected demand is really gonna f*ck up things. Tesla doesn't have the resource capabilities that other auto manufacturers, like Ford and Honda have, where they can pump out cars to meet the demand. Their a fairly small company relative to the automobile giants. That's why its crucial to get a pre-order right now in phase 1 or else your looking at waiting up to close to 6-10 years to get your hands on one.

Tbh doubt it, if they have shown capable to generate $14 billion without a single car moved off the production line they will find a way to ramp up production much sooner than 5-10 years.

Tbh doubt it, if they have shown capable to generate $14 billion without a single car moved off the production line they will find a way to ramp up production much sooner than 5-10 years.

Inshallah. I hope so. Things aren't that easy though. It's going to be a incredible feat for them to deliver these cars on time. Virtually impossible at this point unless a miracle happens. Which is not out of the realm for Elon. I'm convinced dude is a alien from another world sent here to advance our species with shit like the Tesla, spaceX, SolarCity and OpenAI. Anyways, Tesla's are really hard to manufacture. The model S, the luxury brand, which will use basically the same materials and shit had only 100k made....since its launch 3 years ago.

I work in the auto industry right now and it's kind of hard to imagine the scope of such a large operation making a car is. You have to take in how many different individual parts and components make up the car that come from different suppliers all over the world, especially since the Tesla has unique components. Then there's the fact that car manufacturers are usually just assemblers and outsource most of their parts. So increasing production would mean having to force their parts suppliers to drastically increase their work output and operation, which takes capital and not every company can afford to. At least Elon recognizes this problem haha

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I've mastered the art of making Bariis.

The key to making a good Bariis is limit the water.

You're welcome folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.