When getting to know someone for marriage, how long should courting last?

When getting to know someone for marriage, how long should courting last?

• Total voters

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
You need to see it like a job interview and ask them about stuff that's important to you thoughts on polygamy? how many kids? your goal the next 3 years, they're marriage expectations

If both on same page than do a nikkah and get both families on board

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
somalis back home have a tendency to court several partners at the same time in order to increase their chances of marriage. somali nomads practice this more often than city folks. maybe it's a common practice among nomads.

You need to see it like a job interview and ask them about stuff that's important to you thoughts on polygamy? how many kids? your goal the next 3 years, they're marriage expectations

If both on same page than do a nikkah and get both families on board

what about if they like trolling and they don't really mean the answers they give like @Radical Canjeerorism

somalis back home have a tendency to court several partners at the same time in order to increase their chances of marriage. somali nomads practice this more often than city folks. maybe it's a common practice among nomads.

I can imagine you doing something like that but it doesn't end with marriage just a cheap regretful night at an air bnb somewhere.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I can imagine you doing something like that but it doesn't end with marriage just a cheap regretful night at an air bnb somewhere.
this practice is considered taboo in the west and probably wont work but back home, it does. a xalimo my father used to court got married to another man without him knowing it. he used to use neighborhood kids to call her from her house when going on dates since their was no phones back then. one day, the neighborhood kid informed him that his girlfriend is actually getting married and the nikkah was taking place. this practice is practiced by many men and women back home because it increases their chances of getting married to the best partner of their choice.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
this practice is considered taboo in the west and probably wont work but back home, it does. a xalimo my father used to court got married to another man without him knowing it. he used to use neighborhood kids to call her from her house when going on dates since their was no phones back then. one day, the neighborhood kid informed him that his girlfriend is actually getting married and the nikkah was taking place. this practice is practiced by many men and women back home because it increases their chances of getting married to the best partner of their choice.
That actually doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Might start implementing that. But instead of waiting until the wedding will instead drop the rest after I choose best one to go exclusive with :cosbyhmm:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
That actually doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Might start implementing that. But instead of waiting until the wedding will instead drop the rest after I choose best one to go exclusive with :cosbyhmm:
i know western somalis won't be as mean as somalis back home if they practice it. people back have no sympathy what so ever. they'll dump you just like that

Basic

VIP
i know western somalis won't be as mean as somalis back home if they practice it. people back have no sympathy what so ever. they'll dump you just like that
That’s my fear. Guys get easily attached to me. I can see all of them falling for me and I’m not ruthless like back home folks dammit :mjhaps:

I think exceeding 6 months is excessive. At least then you can escape the infatuation stage and you'll look at it more objectively.

Its too easy to fall for a girl which is your type, even if shes a demon.

Basic

VIP
If you dumb me like a piece of garbage, I wouldn't complain about it tbh as long as I got in your pants
You don’t need to go through the effort of dating multiple people to sleep with them. Sounds effortfull tbh :mjdontkno:

A year minimum. I don’t see the obsession with this topic though.
There’s more to life than getting married and having the mrs pop out a few dough eyed kids:manny:

Trending