Where do stereotypes come from?

Internet Nomad

βœͺπ™‰π™€π™€π™§π™’π™–π™­π™­π™žπ™£π™œβœͺ
Mind you there is only 150k somalis who live in America. Some of these movies profits almost out number the somalis living in America.

We are a hateble cash cow. Just mentioning somalis on social media will show you that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
Being a minority in the majority society makes you stand out from the rest of the people. Which means people are going to easily throw weird stereotypes on how you talk, walk and act.

It’s difficult. But it is what it is.

Khanderson

VIP
Even Chinese, Japanese and Koreans (who are considered to be a model minority) are also demonised by white people and other POC.

It doesn’t matter how appealing you are.
You can earn better earnings than other groups but people are still going to shit on you for being different.

There is some exaggeration going on. Somalis aren't even remotely the largest Muslim ethnic group in America and certainly was never a target of major discrimination anywhere in the country. The piracy jokes were nothing compared to the hatred Arabs and other Middle Easterners/South Asians got after 9/11. For every Barkhad Abdi you guys list there are like a dozen movies, shows and games that depict Arabs as terrorists to be killed.

I swear some people act like Somalis are a pariah group like gypsies lmao. We are more on the middle lower end at worst.

Internet Nomad

There is some exaggeration going on. Somalis aren't even remotely the largest Muslim ethnic group in America and certainly was never a target of major discrimination anywhere in the country. The piracy jokes were nothing compared to the hatred Arabs and other Middle Easterners/South Asians got after 9/11. For every Barkhad Abdi you guys list there are like a dozen movies, shows and games that depict Arabs as terrorists to be killed.

I swear some people act like Somalis are a pariah group like gypsies lmao. We are more on the middle lower end at worst.
Do you think somalis warrant triple digit propaganda movies according to their population size?

So many other ethnic groups comparable to somalis and yet we get singled out?

Arabs have a 3.5 million population in the US of course they would have more attention but we get disproportional attention.

Do you think somalis warrant triple digit propaganda movies according to their population size?

Arabs have a 3.5 million population in the US of course they would have more attention but we get disproportional attention.
I would say its disproportional only compared to other East Africans.

Khanderson

VIP

Arabs are somewhat complicated though. Most of the Arabs in America aren’t all Muslim but Christian and secular. They’re also white according to the U.S census.

So it goes to show how integrated they really are compared to Somalis. Which makes Somalis an easier target.

I’m going to state the obvious. Ethiopians don’t have that much issues with the West considering most of them are Christian which makes them easier to integrate in the west. While Somalis are mostly Muslim making them stand out an easier target. Not to mention Somalis had war with America.

We gave America Black hawk down while they gave us Captain Philip movie. And the rest is history.

Not only that, Ethios move silent and don't like to draw attention to themselves unlike maryooleys.

Which makes Somalis an easier target.
Even compared to Sudanese Americans who are less in numbers, who are also black Muslims and are from a country that is wartorn, they still recieve less attention than Somalis. Amongst all East Africans we are targeted the most.

Khanderson

VIP
People are going to hate me for this but Ilhan Omar contributed a lot to the Somali hate train in America.

With her famous quote: Somebody did something.

And the incest allegations that was going on.

People are going to hate me for this but Ilhan Omar contributed a lot to the Somali hate train in America.

She was appearing continuously during this period, and this was intensified by Trump's attacks on her

Khanderson

VIP
Even compared to Sudanese Americans who are less in numbers, who are also black Muslims and are from a country that is wartorn, they still recieve less attention than Somalis. Amongst all East Africans we are targeted the most.

Statistically Somalis are higher in number in America. We make the majority of the state in Minnesota (compare to any Africans). We have a congress woman Ilhan Omar.

Internet Nomad

Trending

Latest posts