Why are somali men so colorist ( Reddit post )

Kisame

Plotting world domination
I laughed honestly because the only somali women I ever met that constantly had struggles with dating were fat.

I even made a whole thread in man cave asking about whether or not Somali men liked fat women.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No offense to the big xalimos we might have on here. If you are slightly chubby I'm not referring to you. If your 25+ with baby weight I'm also not referring to you

Most of the married Somali women I've met were dark or brown skinned. Till this day I've only seen one Somali dude in a relationship with a fat women. He was fat too and found someone within his range.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Wide bodied plate cleaners :mjlol: that could be the case multiple people are telling her in the comments it’s probably more the way she looks then her skin colour

Yep looks play a huge role. Honestly she probably could have pulled a Somali guy within her range but I guess the niggas she really wanted didn't f*ck with her.

Bari

Garabsare
Its the way of the world, lighter=more attractive if not then the lightening cream business wouldnt be as lucrative as it is. They also believe in looking out for their future daughters, as the saying goes naag foolxun hadaad guursato, gabadhaada baad geed ku xirtay :mjdontkno:

I don’t believe Somali men are colorist.

Also, I see fat Somali women married all the time. I know a few big girls who’ve recently married with no issues.

I’ve honestly never seen a dark skin Somali girl struggle to marry because of her dark skin.

I don’t believe this.

I’m not saying this to be charitable to Somali men, it’s simply my honest observation of them. This might be a fob issue, but it certainly isn’t a Western one.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
Somali men back home that watches Hindu films and Bollywood contents are colourist.
The majority of us Somalis don’t care about the colour of our women. It’s true bleaching has become an issue in our community but the majority of us diasporas are not like this at all.
We’re more educated and open minded.
In fact this is more of third world problem than 1st world. Most dark skin groups want to appear white or European just because on what they’ve watch on their screen which made them self hate their skin. Very common amongst third worlders.

True story: decades ago when I went to Somaliland my first ever crush was a dark skin Somali woman. And she was really attractive (like really attractive). Too bad I was 14 years old at the time and she was in her 20’s.

She was really kind and sweet and knows how to cook and smile at me.

The only exception where Somalis should be colourist if a Somali women (and somali men) have bleached their skins. Reject these people at all cost. Their skin might contain poison. Which might affect their fertility and reproduction.

:jcoleno:

Last edited:

Khanderson

I don’t believe Somali men are colorist.

Also, I see fat Somali women married all the time. I know a few big girls who’ve recently married with no issues.

I’ve honestly never seen a dark skin Somali girl struggle to marry because of her dark skin.

I don’t believe this.

I’m not saying this to be charitable to Somali men, it’s simply my honest observation of them. This might be a fob issue, but it certainly isn’t a Western one.

I missed read your post. I agree with your dark skin comment (most of us don’t care). But did you really say Somali men would marry a fat Somali women more often?
I don’t know if this is really true statically speaking. But fat women aren’t really attractive in eyes of men. Men don’t find fat women as attractive. Maybe this is one of those fob skinny farax where they find thicker women attractive because they don’t have any functioning flesh. So they need to find bigger meat to feast (sarcasm).

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
It's true. There are so many Somali guys who are dark skin who want a light skin woman. Not a woman only lighter than them but "light skin". There's a lot of self hate.

I missed read your post. I agree with your dark skin comment (most of us don’t care). But did you really say Somali men would marry a fat Somali women more often?
I don’t know if this is really true statically speaking. But fat women aren’t really attractive in eyes of men. Men don’t find fat women as attractive. Maybe this is one of those fob skinny farax where they find thicker women attractive because they don’t have any functioning flesh. So they need to find bigger meat to feast (sarcasm).
i never said they marry fat women more often. Didn’t say that AT all.

I said fat women also marry and don’t usually have a huge issue marrying. I know a lot overweight women who’ve married.

@Khanderson
As for what men find attractive, it’s based on time and region. In Somalia, fat women are liked. No issue. Historically, chubbier/fat women were preferred. In today’s world in developed nations that values health and has an abundance of food, being fat isn’t seen as attractive.

Khanderson

i never said they marry fat women more often. Didn’t say that AT all.

I said fat women also marry and don’t usually have a huge issue marrying. I know a lot overweight women who’ve married.

@Khanderson
As for what men find attractive, it’s based on time and region. In Somalia, fat women are liked. No issue. Historically, chubbier/fat women were preferred. In today’s world in developed nations that values health and has an abundance of food, being fat isn’t seen as attractive.

It’s fascinating how times have dictated our preferences. Back then being fat was based on wealth and financial security. Now it’s based on (what the Bible would deem it as gluttony) hahah.
It really goes to show how beauty is subjective in eyes of humans and they’ll follow what other would find attractive.

It's true. There are so many Somali guys who are dark skin who want a light skin woman. Not a woman only lighter than them but "light skin". There's a lot of self hate.
1719241661270.png