Why are somali men so colorist ( Reddit post )

HuunoHunter

Old Head πŸ‘΄πŸΏ
The most beautiful Somali girl I laid my eyes on was dark as dhuxul but man she was so hot. I had to double take astagfirullah.

Being colorist as a somali is so retarded, the darker skinned women often have more attractive features than the light ones.

Its the way of the world, lighter=more attractive if not then the lightening cream business wouldnt be as lucrative as it is. They also believe in looking out for their future daughters, as the saying goes naag foolxun hadaad guursato, gabadhaada baad geed ku xirtay :mjdontkno:
No it’s not. It’s only in areas that have a colder climate and we’re agricultural. Somalis live on the equator and are nomadic, this is why Somalis never cared for pale skin in the past. Having pale skin on the equator is not healthy. Having dark skin has advantages like looking younger for longer and getting sick less. Somalis only started liking pale skin due to social engineering from Indian and Arab movies.

Instead of generalizing people, she should reasses herself. Why is she so hung up on guys that are not into her? Why is she upset that they don’t prefer her? She sounds insecure. Plenty of men who would like her the way she is but she wouldn’t prefer them probably.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I don't know about the sister experience but all I ever heard were praises and compliments to our beautiful dark skin sisters :)

Bari

Garabsare
No it’s not. It’s only in areas that have a colder climate and we’re agricultural. Somalis live on the equator and are nomadic, this is why Somalis never cared for pale skin in the past. Having pale skin on the equator is not healthy. Having dark skin has advantages like looking younger for longer and getting sick less. Somalis only started liking pale skin due to social engineering from Indian and Arab movies.
I’m not talking about the past, my statements reflect the reality on the ground today.:manny:

The most beautiful Somali girl I laid my eyes on was dark as dhuxul but man she was so hot. I had to double take astagfirullah.

Dark AND hot, say that. Not "But"

Because darkness doesn't negate beauty. In fact, my theory is that darkskin makes beautiful Somalis, even more beautiful. Especially when they have that Black silky timo combo.

NidarNidar

πŸ›ΈSpaceπŸ––DandyπŸ›Έ
VIP

Bari

Garabsare
It is usually the unattractive / insecure or both, who are colourist. Pay attention to the kind of guys who are colourist, you'll see what I mean.

They like to project their self-hate onto their female counterparts.
Kala Saar hate from fact, I haven’t seen anyone on this thread hating. it’s a fact that globally lighter skin is seen as more attractive. You can chalk it up to colonialism/eurocentrism or whatever else you want,but the fact remains lighter skin girls are on average more attractive and have more prospects with regards to males, if it wasn’t the case the lightening cream industry would be out of business.

Last edited:

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
She's right it goes beyond relationships. I'm dhuxuul and would get compliments by aunties if I #basmentmaxxed for a few days. And I'm a nigga! cant imagine how its like for darker girls :dead:

Africans feel insecure about their natural features. All this bollywood and turkish junk needs to banned

Too many Somali women suffer from self-esteem issues and general self hate towards their community, I’ve noticed this especially with Somali women who grew up without father figures. They generally don’t have the ability to be self critical so they go after the community and blame them for their perceived imperfections and lack of self worth.

This usually comes out in the form of hating on Somali men for incoherent things like colourism (which does exist in the community but it isn’t gender specific at all) or lack of β€œgood men” which obviously isn’t true as Somali men tend to be very pious and if they’re only around gangster abdis then they’re telling on themselves. Another excuse I’ve heard is that they’re too sexist which also doesn’t make sense cause Somali men tend to love and care for the females in the community more than any ajnabi ever could, and honestly they tend to be very care free in terms of how controlling they’re of the women when it comes to Muslim communities in the west, never heard of a Somali honor killing ever.

In the end of the day a lot of Somali women who marry out tend to actually have a weird sense of superiority towards the Somali community and Somali men while also ironically having deep self-esteem issues and projecting it out towards others they think wronged them, the Somali men who marry out also tend to be like this btw.

If you want to marry ajnabi then please leave the Somali community alone, we don’t need trauma dumping and excuses as to why you couldn’t marry a Somali man as it reeks of insecurity. I’m telling you it’s the Somali women who grew up with fathers/father figures in the Somali community who are the healthiest/most attractive Xalimos by far, they don’t come with this weird sense of a need to attack the community and the men in the community and have the best marriages with their husbands.

Btw, as a Somali man who’s lighter than average for the community and related to family who are majority light skin I actually find darker/aravage skin on Somali women to be most attractive. And I’ve noticed that a lot of my distant relatives who are male and lighter skin are married to darker skin Somali women.

Last edited:
A too many Somali women suffer from self-esteem issues and general self hate towards their community, I’ve noticed this especially with Somali women who grew up without father figures. They generally don’t have the ability to be self critical towards themselves so they go after the community themselves and blame that for their perceived imperfections and lack of self worth.

This usually comes out in the form of hating on Somali men for incoherent things like colourism (which does exist in the community but it isn’t gender specific at all) or lack of β€œgood men” which obviously isn’t true as Somali men tend to be very pious and if they’re only around gangster abdis then they’re telling on themselves. Another excuse I’ve heard is that they’re too sexist which also doesn’t make sense cause Somali men tend to love and care for the females in the community more than any ajnabi ever could, and honestly they tend to be very care free in terms of how controlling they’re of the women when it comes to Muslim communities in the west, never heard of a Somali honor killing ever.

In the end of the day a lot of Somali women who marry out tend to actually have a weird sense of superiority towards the Somali community and Somali men while also ironically having deep self-esteem issues and projecting it out towards others they think wronged them, the Somali men who marry out also tend to be like this btw.

If you want to marry ajnabi then please leave the Somali community alone, we don’t need trauma dumping and excuses as to why you couldn’t marry a Somali man as it reeks of insecurity. I’m telling you it’s the Somali women who grew up with fathers/father figures in the Somali community who are the healthiest/most attractive Xalimos by far, they don’t come with this weird sense of a need to attack the community and the men in the community and have the best marriages with their husbands.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.