Why do old school Somalis look down on skilled people

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Somalis who live at coastal towns, eat fish. But the tribes who live interior regions and can 't access to sea, rely on meat. Simply that plus we like to generalize everything "Somalis do not eat ....." And we accept it as fact.

Exactly! It depends on where the Somali family originates. We have a huge country that's sparsely populated many Somalis don't have access to the sea therefore they don't eat seafood.

Many Somalis lead the geeljires lifestyle that requires a lot of strength/agility and endurance to walk long distances and move their belongings frequently. Chicken won't provide the caloric requirements that they need, that's why it's considered poor mans food to some.

The goats that are unique to Somalis are rich in fat and that's what they mostly live on along with camel milk. Geeljires tend to be quite strong and slim whilst living their lifestyle. the problems is when they leave for the cities(especially in the west) and eat the same food but lead a much more sedentary lifestyle is why we have a weight problem. Imho

Last edited:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
OP. Wlhi Somalis don't know the value and reward of honest hard work. I'll do what I can to help my folks back home understand this.
Maybe buy them a plot of land so they can work it or a rent them space for a workshop so that they make and sell things or maybe even build them a small factory to manage so that it'll give jobs to more poor unemployed young people. From this very small thing they can grow very big. They can even go corporate and multinational with just 1 generation of pure effort.

It's bloody time we abandoned this ancient Geeljire culture and move ahead :rejoice: it's getting us no where.

We are deep into the 21st century now and it's the future. Before this century ends: People are gonna walk on Mars, self driving cars will be invented, lots of African countries will have huge economies bigger than European ones, cities with millions in population will be built on the oceans, Life expectancy will be atleast 150, AIDS will be cured along with tons of other deadly diseases and people will invent nuclear engine which will give us unlimited energy.

If we don't improve and stop being lazy unambitious idiots then I worry for our Somali great grand children from 2116. They're gonna be in a sorry state, the same we are in right now and they're gonna blame us for their shit life 100 years from now.

Do you really think that the geeljires life is a walk in the park sxb? Would you last a month with the responsibiltiies that even a 14 year old has in baadiyo? I would think your avg desk job or even factory work would be a breeze in comparison.

I do agree with geeljire life being unsustainable and it contributing to many of our social problems tho.

Somali language is classified within the Cushitic branch of the Afroasiatic family, it is normaly to have Arab words it is afroasiatic.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Alot of people over here eat chicken with bariis.

it ain't the same if it ain't beef

wSyGYNl.png

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
war niyo fish is the best :lebronwtf:

the only issue with fish is pretty much the texture. i'm sure gene splicing will fix this once we start making our meats in wonka-like laboratories, but the taste itself is grand

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Fish is absolutely disgusting.

I literally gag at the thought.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
And that's prolly why they also live well into their 90s

But lately the Japanese diet has been taking a nosedive. Polyunsaturated fats everywhere and alchohol like it's biyoo :tocry:

Status
Not open for further replies.