None of this is ever gonna really change unless somalis bring back our formal attire or make new or modern versions.

Your alternative is too archaic and tacky. People wear it back home but not that much at all in the west. I have only ever seen it online in random cultural events.

Where would one buy the belt in the west or do you get it shipped in?

I think instead we should rebrand and make new stuff or develop on the old stuff we used to wear in formal settings. This outfit realistically is just badiyo culture.

Somali women who dominate the whole clothing side of things have developed different things over the years but there has been no advancement on the somali guy side of things we just adopted a western style shirt and stuck to maawis. That's dead in my opinion and most guys ain't gonna wear that it's pj's πŸ’€

What I don't get is this one sided complaint tho suits are basically in the same category yet I don't hear any complaints made is this just hate for anything arab?

None of this is ever gonna really change unless somalis bring back our formal attire or make new or modern versions.

Your alternative is too archaic and tacky. People wear it back home but not that much at all in the west. I have only ever seen it online in random cultural events.

Where would one buy the belt in the west or do you get it shipped in?

I think instead we should rebrand and make new stuff or develop on the old stuff we used to wear in formal settings. This outfit realistically is just badiyo culture.

Somali women who dominate the whole clothing side of things have developed different things over the years but there has been no advancement on the somali guy side of things we just adopted a western style shirt and stuck to maawis. That's dead in my opinion and most guys ain't gonna wear that it's pj's πŸ’€

What I don't get is this one sided complaint tho suits are basically in the same category

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xoxoxo

VIP
I’m sorry but Somali male attire is either ugly or stolen from other cultures, it’s not worth it to see such an eye sore in a wedding.

It’s either a suit or that Arabian attire because no man is allowed to come to my wedding wearing that potato sack of an attire we call culture’

I’m sorry but Somali male attire is either ugly or stolen from other cultures, it’s not worth it to see such an eye sore in a wedding.

It’s either a suit or that Arabian attire because no man is allowed to come to my wedding wearing that potato sack of an attire we call culture’

L take. how can you call
your cultural clothing a potatoe sack

You don't get it the it's not about just the effort it's simply too archaic and tacky it's a mish-mash of random cultures itself and its literally pj. Somali guys need something brand new that actually look good to wear formally. We can keep elements like the belt but the shirt and mawis need to go. Neither are solely somali culture so it doesn't matter if we get rid of it.

Plus you speak of there frame in the Arabic attire but that's even worse when it comes to mawis. Somali guys don't even look good in mawis and shirt combo it looks horrendous. Somali women who feel away about this need to help us out with a rebrand since they run that while industry and since they clearly got mind for it. I see new designs and developments every year in the women's formal attire. You guys need to show us more love plus its literally an empty market anyone who makes anything can capitalise big time if they made something for the men it's an open market ripe for the taking.

If you guys hate the Arabic thing then let that be your motivation. Or eventually a guy will get around to it. I'm gonna make my own sooner or later.

You don't get it the it's not about just the effort it's simply to archaic and tacky it's a mish-mash of random cultures itself and its literally pj. Somali guys need something brand new that actually look good to wear formally.

Plus you speak of there frame in the Arabic attire but that's even worse when it comes to mawis. Somali guys don't even look good in mawis and the shirt it looks horrendous. Somali women who feel away about this need to help us out with a rebrand since they run that while industry and since they clearly got mind for it. I see new designs and developments every year in the women's formal attire. You guys need to show us more love plus its literally an empty market anyone who makes anything can capitalise big time if they made something for the men it's an open market ripe for the taking.

If you guys hate the Arabic thing then let that be your motivation. Or eventually a guy will get around to it. I'm gonna make my own sooner or later.

I agree, we need to modernise the outfit. In the meantime, all grooms need is two large cloths, a sword, shield, spear, to look amazing

1694910095099.png

1694910122115.png

1694910141929.png

Trending