AROOS........ WAA MAXAY CEEBTAAN?

I agree, we need to modernise the outfit. In the meantime, all grooms need is two large cloths, a sword, shield, spear, to look amazing

View attachment 293970

View attachment 293972

View attachment 293973
That's the thing there going bare chested the shirt itself ruins the outfit but no one wants to be walking around in the west bare chested for formal events especially if they don't have a good frame. Bare in mind the pics your showing are badiyo dwelling soldiers who have okish form.

Anyways you guys are conflating badiyo culture with the general dominate culture of somali weyn. city dwellers were not walking about dressed like that as formal wear.

there’s a difference between wearing a thobe which is universal among all islamic societies and wearing the thobe fully gulf arab style. but nice try bro
I was referring to thobes in general not royal Saudi clothing, but the differences between them are still fairly minimal

That's the thing there going bare chested the shirt itself ruins the outfit but no one wants to be walking around in the west bare chested for formal events especially if they don't have a good frame. Bare in mind the pics your showing are badiyo dwelling soldiers who have okish form.

Anyways you guys are conflating badiyo culture with the general dominate culture of somali weyn. city dwellers were not walking about dressed like that as formal wear.

Somali men do wear traditional outfits for their wedding, but they modernise it with a dress-shirt instead of bare-chested.

Partially bare- chested would look very nice, on men that work out.

@Odious Delirium

This is what Somali men back home have modernised it to.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 01.33.12.png

Somali men do wear traditional outfits for their wedding, but they modernise it with a dress-shirt instead of bare-chested.

Partially bare- chested would look very nice, on men that work out.
Yeah but the dress shirt with the mawis combo is disgusting and that's not modernising that just adopting western culture. We need to ditch both the mawis and dress shirt for a modernised version of our own qamis with a belt.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would say this is on the women tho since when it comes to this side of the culture its fully developed and controlled by women since forever and somali women kept it stagnate and tacky.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
You don't get it the it's not about just the effort it's simply too archaic and tacky it's a mish-mash of random cultures itself and its literally pj. Somali guys need something brand new that actually look good to wear formally. We can keep elements like the belt but the shirt and mawis need to go. Neither are solely somali culture so it doesn't matter if we get rid of it.

Plus you speak of there frame in the Arabic attire but that's even worse when it comes to mawis. Somali guys don't even look good in mawis and shirt combo it looks horrendous. Somali women who feel away about this need to help us out with a rebrand since they run that while industry and since they clearly got mind for it. I see new designs and developments every year in the women's formal attire. You guys need to show us more love plus its literally an empty market anyone who makes anything can capitalise big time if they made something for the men it's an open market ripe for the taking.

If you guys hate the Arabic thing then let that be your motivation. Or eventually a guy will get around to it. I'm gonna make my own sooner or later.
37EE12DC-348F-4547-9948-6C43A7841B7E.jpeg
0985674A-F847-4DFF-82FB-81D8265C14BA.jpeg
48293520-08E6-4825-8DC7-8A1C1134832A.jpeg
8E40F437-53AA-47BE-9AC3-073A652DE8DF.jpeg
F5DEAC5B-135E-4FF5-B3C3-85A92D78D177.jpeg
somali flag.jpg
1691853928334.png
20230817_220824.png
Olol_Dinle.jpg