Why does FGM happen in Somalia?

FGM was something started by Fir’awn regarding the Prophet Musa CS dream, which is haram. Circumcision is one of the sunnahs and is obligatory for males and mustahabb but not obligatory for females. Whatever is decreed sunnah should always be taken into consideration that it is there for our own good and benefit. There are health benefits in female circumcision:

It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris which may increase in size when aroused.

The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour.

Circumcision removes excessive libido in women.

It also reduces urinary tract infection.

...amongst many other health benefits. Female circumcision is an obedience to Islam by acting in accordance with the sunnah which encourages it and it should be done in the proper way. It is a choice parents can make for their daughters when they’re young but they should avoid the cutting which resembles FGM.

And Allah knows best 🙂
What a load of crap the only result is a low sex drive because they can’t feel anything anymore. Women rarely orgasm from penetration most women need stimulation of the clitoris even minor FGM will reduce sexual pleasure by at least 60%.

halwa

✨🌙
What a load of crap the only result is a low sex drive because they can’t feel anything anymore. Women rarely orgasm from penetration most women need stimulation of the clitoris even minor FGM will reduce sexual pleasure by at least 60%.
I am talking about circumcision and not FGM. That’s an argument you can take up with the Islamic scholars and doctors.

90% of you people in here lack reading comprehension
Wait! What? Are you really advocating for fgm?
Did I read that correctly? 🤔

edit: the sunnah circumcision is completely different than fgm! There’s no cutting at all involved. Not sure why you’re talking about here.
I stated FGM is haram. Educating him about the sunnah one.

I am talking about circumcision and not FGM. That’s an argument you can take up with the Islamic scholars and doctors.

But you went into how the removal of the labia has benefits and the reduction of the clitoris is beneficial and the UTI etc....that just makes it sound like you are a supporter of the traditional FGM because the one recommended but not obligatory in Islam is just making the clitoris bleed a little but no cutting or reducing it. And there’s certainly no cutting of either labia majora and labia minor. So that’s why your comment is confusing.
This is a stretch :comeon:
Will 98% be good enough for ya, Einstein? Does that make you feel better? Oh wow look 2 whole percent.
giphy.gif

You are incredibly misinformed type 1 FGM is the partial or complete removal of the clitoris.
It has absolutely no benefits it’s only less worse than type 2 and 3. The equivalent of type 1 FGM is removing the tip or all of the head of the penis. Male and female sexual anatomy is completely different there is no need for any type of circumcision on females. :comeon:

The benefit is to control women’s sexuality and to deprive them from pleasure so she’s only a tool her husband utilities at his disposal. The woman can’t have much expectations since she feels nothing, so the man can do his deed in a minute and bounce. I think this is a contributing factor why older generation couples never really bonded, there was no love. Because one spouse had 100% the benefits & power at the expense of the other.

Sadly, 100% of the girls back home are going through this as we speak! And yet Somali guys glorify these miskeen abused deprived women over their western counterparts. That’s all you need to know about men. FGM and gender equality were implanted to solely benefit men and deprive women! And here we are in the 21st century where men as young as 15 are still promoting it even right here on this forum.
I wouldn't say 100%

your whole statement contradicts itself

Somalia has 98% rate, the highest in the world. There’s virtually little difference between 98% and 100% in any capacity or data.

edit: btw how are you so sure that it’s no way this high? Lol so you live in Somalia?
98% is too high to be honest the real FGM rate is probably similar to Djibouti

halwa

✨🌙
You are incredibly misinformed type 1 FGM is the partial or complete removal of the clitoris.
It has absolutely no benefits it’s only less worse than type 2 and 3. The equivalent of type 1 FGM is removing the tip or all of the head of the penis. Male and female sexual anatomy is completely different there is no need for any type of circumcision on females. :comeon:
Like I said, whatever level and type of FGM there is is forbidden. We can agree on that. Secondly, circumcision is Sunnah. It can be done on females but it isn’t obligatory. That’s each to his/her own choice.
But you went into how the removal of the labia has benefits and the reduction of the clitoris is beneficial and the UTI etc....that just makes it sound like you are a supporter of the traditional FGM because the one recommended but not obligatory in Islam is just making the clitoris bleed a little but no cutting or reducing it. And there’s certainly no cutting of either labia majora and labia minor. So that’s why your comment is confusing.

Will 98% be good enough for ya, Einstein? Does that make you feel better? Oh wow look 2 whole percent.
giphy.gif

I was stating what circumcision involved and how it is beneficial - health wise. That’s what it says Islamically. I didn’t make it up. If you’re not aware you’re more than welcome to read about it.

You’re just twisting my words around and arguing semantics. Enough:mjlol:

Like I said, whatever level and type of FGM there is is forbidden. We can agree on that. Secondly, circumcision is Sunnah. It can be done on females but it isn’t obligatory. That’s each to his/her own choice.

I was stating what circumcision involved and how it is beneficial - health wise. That’s what it says Islamically. I didn’t make it up. If you’re not aware you’re more than welcome to read about it.

The sunnah one is type 1 FGM I hope that clears up what I’m saying.

Djokovic

Somali Arab

You explained what I was Saying well

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
It's pre-Islamic and seems to be some sort of ancient Northeast African - Sahelian practice. The Ancient Egyptians used to do it going way back and it has historically been prevalent all over the Horn, even among Christians:

rXZNT6S.jpg

Sad practice, wallahi. It is slowly being weeded out, though. Both in Somalia and the rest of the Horn.

🙏

I believe in Malaysia and Indonesia they also have FGM...Barbaric tradition