Why does FGM happen in Somalia?

You’re misinformed. The sunnah one in no shape or form does it resemble an FGM. From what I’ve been told, you just slightly prick it.
If you remove part of or all of the clitoris it is type 1 FGM there is no way about it. :bell:

halwa

✨🌙
If you remove part of or all of the clitoris it is type 1 FGM there is no way about it. :bell:
Arguing semantics. I will leave you to it.

You stated 3 types or levels of FGMs that the cadaans have created for cases of FGM that they’ve seen in females and then proceeded to call one of its categories the sunnah version. I suggest you read a few Islamic scholar papers on female circumcision. You will be better informed then.

FGM was something started by Fir’awn regarding the Prophet Musa CS dream, which is haram. Circumcision is one of the sunnahs and is obligatory for males and mustahabb but not obligatory for females. Whatever is decreed sunnah should always be taken into consideration that it is there for our own good and benefit. There are health benefits in female circumcision:

It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris which may increase in size when aroused.

The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour.

Circumcision removes excessive libido in women.

It also reduces urinary tract infection.

...amongst many other health benefits. Female circumcision is an obedience to Islam by acting in accordance with the sunnah which encourages it and it should be done in the proper way. It is a choice parents can make for their daughters when they’re young but they should avoid the cutting which resembles FGM.

And Allah knows best 🙂
I'm a lil confused about this. if their clit is cut off cant they still experience orgasms throughPIV?

Arguing semantics. I will leave you to it.

You stated 3 types or levels of FGMs that the cadaans have created for cases of FGM that they’ve seen in females and then proceeded to call one of its categories the sunnah version. I suggest you read a few Islamic scholar papers on female circumcision. You will be better informed then.
Just answer the question does the sunnah involve removing part or all of the clitoris. Cadaans did not create science. :mjlol:

Last edited:
98% is too high to be honest the real FGM rate is probably similar to Djibouti
I wouldn't say 100%
This is when I start questioning you guys IQ levels, for all intents and purposes if 98% or 93%(Djibouti) or even 90% of the girls are undergoing FGM, it virtually makes no difference that it isn’t 100%. There are usually 1-2% deviations in data. Does it really matter all that much if 9.8/10 girls are victims vs 9.3/10 vs 10/10? The deviation is so small it makes very little difference in the scheme of things smh.
Like I said, whatever level and type of FGM there is is forbidden. We can agree on that. Secondly, circumcision is Sunnah. It can be done on females but it isn’t obligatory. That’s each to his/her own choice.

I was stating what circumcision involved and how it is beneficial - health wise. That’s what it says Islamically. I didn’t make it up. If you’re not aware you’re more than welcome to read about it.

You’re just twisting my words around and arguing semantics. Enough:mjlol:
You literally wrote “There are health benefits in female circumcision: It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris which may increase in size when aroused. The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour. Circumcision removes excessive libido in women. It also reduces urinary tract infection.”

How’s that semantics, I don’t care if you label it as female circumcision or fgm what you described above is fgm and not the Islamic sunnah one. Whether you realize it or not you just listed the benefits for the traditional haram form of fgm, you’re not fooling anyone.

This is when I start questioning you guys IQ levels, for all intents and purposes if 98% or 93%(Djibouti) or even 90% of the girls are undergoing FGM, it virtually makes no difference that it isn’t 100%. There are always 1-2% deviations in data. Does it really matter all that much if 9.8/10 girls are victims vs 9.3/10 vs 10/10? The deviation is so small it makes very little difference in the scheme of things smh.

You literally wrote “There are health benefits in female circumcision:It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris which may increase in size when aroused.
The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour. Circumcision removes excessive libido in women. It also reduces urinary tract infection.”

How’s that semantics, I don’t care if you label it as female circumcision or fgm what you described above is fgm and not the Islamic sunnah one. Whether you realize it or not you just listed the benefits for the traditional haram form of fgm, you’re not fooling anyone.
Can you link the source to where you got that statistic?

halwa

✨🌙
I'm a lil confused about this. if their clit is cut off cant they still experience orgasms throughPIV?

This research might be able to give you some more insight to your question:

This is when I start questioning you guys IQ levels, for all intents and purposes if 98% or 93%(Djibouti) or even 90% of the girls are undergoing FGM, it virtually makes no difference that it isn’t 100%. There are always 1-2% deviations in data. Does it really matter all that much if 9.8/10 girls are victims vs 9.3/10 vs 10/10? The deviation is so small it makes very little difference in the scheme of things smh.

You literally wrote “There are health benefits in female circumcision:It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris which may increase in size when aroused.
The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour. Circumcision removes excessive libido in women. It also reduces urinary tract infection.”

I was talking about female circumcision. Nowhere in my post did I even talk about the removal of the clitoris both directly or indirectly. Re-read the places you’ve highlighted. You will come to find that it is talking about the health benefits of circumcision and not the removal of any body organ. When you do find that I’ve mentioned the removal of anything, then accuse me of encouraging FGM.
Just answer the question does the sunnah involve removing part or all of the clitoris. Cadaans did not create science. :mjlol:
It is a slight prick on the clitoris from what I’ve been told.

This research might be able to give you some more insight to your question:

I was talking about female circumcision. Nowhere in my post did I even talk about the removal of the clitoris both directly or indirectly. Re-read the places you’ve highlighted. You will come to find that it is talking about the health benefits of circumcision and not the removal of any body organ. When you do find that I’ve mentioned the removal of anything, then accuse me of encouraging FGM.

It is a slight prick on the clitoris from what I’ve been told.
whats the difference from circumcision on a female and FGM?

The benefit is to control women’s sexuality and to deprive them from pleasure so she’s only a tool her husband utilities at his disposal. The woman can’t have much expectations since she feels nothing, so the man can do his deed in a minute and bounce. I think this is a contributing factor why older generation couples never really bonded, there was no love. Because one spouse had 100% the benefits & power at the expense of the other.

Sadly, 100% of the girls back home are going through this as we speak! And yet Somali guys glorify these miskeen abused deprived women over their western counterparts. That’s all you need to know about men. FGM and gender equality were implanted to solely benefit men and deprive women! And here we are in the 21st century where men as young as 15 are still promoting it even right here on this forum.
Except it’s women that are behind fgm in Somalia. Men don’t preform it, women do.

halwa

✨🌙
so fgm causes bad oder? smfh i’m tryna feast on my wife every day. this can NOT be a issue
No, it doesn’t because that’s the clit removed so how can it have a bad odour when there’s nothing there? 🤯

You see how reading Amirah’s posts and logic reduces your IQ. Nothing she ever says makes any sense. Always arguing semantics and changing things around.

1) “There are health benefits in female circumcision : It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris = this implies that circumcision reduces the clitoris function which can only be achieved if the clitoris is removed or altered = which is not Islamic.

2) “The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour.” = again this implies that there is changes in labia between circumcised and uncircumcised women. Again you’re implying the removal, or the alteration of the labia= not Islamic

3) “Circumcision removes excessive libido in women. It also reduces urinary tract infection” = How? How does Islamic circumcision which does not include any form of labia alteration or involvement and which does not permit the removal or reduction of the clitoris prevent UTI or affect libido? Again your implying that the reduction or removal of the clitoris or labia is beneficial = not Islamic

Doesnt even matter at the end of the day but I just don’t get it how this isn’t clear. Anyone who read your first comment would come away with the idea that fgm or the removal or reduction of the clitoris and labia has many benefits. Smh

@halwa

Last edited:

halwa

✨🌙
whats the difference from circumcision on a female and FGM?
One is haram because it involves the removal of a body organ and then stitching the place up to leave a small hole. It is uncomfortable for women in labour as it as to be cut open. And the other is the sunnah version as prescribed by the Prophet Scw. I’m not clear on if it is just a prick or just a small removal of the prepuce of the clitoris as I was reading an Islamic article which states that.

Princefan

80s fan
One is haram because it involves the removal of a body organ and then stitching the place up to leave a small hole. It is uncomfortable for women in labour as it as to be cut open. And the other is the sunnah version as prescribed by the Prophet Scw. I’m not clear on if it is just a prick or just a small removal of the prepuce of the clitoris as I was reading an Islamic article which states that.
Only male circumsision is halal. Female circumsision is haram. Plus it is not an islamic practice. Ancient egyptians and coptic christians did it. Also firaun sent people to sew up the women of Bani Israel so that they could not have kids. Stop making something that's not haram haram.

halwa

✨🌙
1) “There are health benefits in female circumcision : It reduces sensitivity of the clitoris = this implies that circumcision reduces the clitoris function which can only be achieved if the clitoris is removed or reduced = which is not Islamic.

2) “The secretions of the labia accumulate in uncircumcised women which can lead to infections and bad odour.” = again this implies that there is change in labia between circumcised and circumcised women. Again you’re implying the removal, or interference of the labia is beneficial = not Islamic

3) “Circumcision removes excessive libido in women. It also reduces urinary tract infection” = How? How does Islamic circumcision which does not include any form of labia intervention and which does not permit the removal of the clitoris prevent UTI or affect libido? Again your implying that the reduction or removal of the clitoris or labia is beneficial = not Islamic

Doesnt even matter at the end of the day but I just don’t get it how this isn’t clear. Anyone who read your first comment would come away with the idea that fgm or the removal or reduction of the clitoris and labia has many benefits. Smh

@halwa
Like I said, that’s an argument you should take up with the scholars and health officials. I stated the sunnah version and its health benefits hoping that it will educate people. If you guys misunderstood it then you can always read up on it and seek further knowledge in the Islamic field. Btw, sunnah circumcision involves in the small removal of the prepuce of the clitoris. If you want to refute this then take it up with the health officials and Islamic scholars.

halwa

✨🌙
Only male circumsision is halal. Female circumsision is haram. Plis it is not an islamic practice. Ancient egyptians and coptic christians did it. Also firaun's sent people to sew up the women of Bani Israel so that they coupd not have kids.

FGM is haram which is the one you’ve stated. Circumcision is sunnah.

1617656585742.png

Juke

VIP
Only male circumsision is halal. Female circumsision is haram. Plus it is not an islamic practice. Ancient egyptians and coptic christians did it. Also firaun sent people to sew up the women of Bani Israel so that they could not have kids. Stop making something that's not haram haram.
It's wajib in Shafi'i madhab, even Indonesia and Malaysia practice it